Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 04:32 AM

Default will my ice age ever come? (huge pot KK 10/20)

UTG+1 is a 30/20/1.5 lagtag over 150 hands. I noted that on a previous hand I 3-bet AK preflop from the small blind in a three way pot and he raised my flop bet with 77 on a QJx flop to take a free card on the turn. I'll leave the interpretation of this in the context of the hand to the reader.

CO is 32/25/2.5 over 200 hands and quite aggro (obviously). He's on a losing streak and I think it's exacerbated by his over aggression, but any number of other factors could also be at play.

Button is 28/15/1.8 and I was very surprised to see him cold call like this. He's demonstrated himself to be a solid player and not done anything out of line in our 65 hands together.

This hand confused me, and I was playing above my comfort level because I was able to take the jesus seat beside two crazy lags. Somehow they both folded in this hand though. Analysis of all streets please.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds.

River: (17.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
Old 08-17-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: will my ice age ever come? (huge pot KK 10/20)

In this type of situation (with the capper/cc to our right) I prefer to bet/3-bet the flop and then lead the turn...
Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 AM

Button's gotta have something like AK, JJ-TT here preflop, right?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:47 AM

c/3b flop, lead turn.

EDIT: ok, and on the turn. If you're raised you can then start to evaluate JJ or AA. I think the latter would cap the flop, so I may b/c b/c both turn and river i think, off the top of my head.

2ND EDIT: I see the fact that cold calling the flop sets up the turn c/r actually, which is helpful for defining the later streets. However, it's a protection play against a hand that probably doesn't need protecting against.