Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 05:59 PM

Default KILL Games - Need more sites

Why don't more sites (UB is the only one?) have kill games. It's good for the players since it gets rid of the annoying <15% VPIP players who are suddenly playing even worse than they were before. It creates larger pots and more action. And it's good for the sites because it generates more rake and keeps players gambooling.

I'm addicted to the kill games. FT or Stars would gain my action, at least, if they added kill games.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: KILL Games - Need more sites

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't more sites (UB is the only one?) have kill games. It's good for the players since it gets rid of the annoying <15% VPIP players who are suddenly playing even worse than they were before. It creates larger pots and more action. And it's good for the sites because it generates more rake and keeps players gambooling.

I'm addicted to the kill games. FT or Stars would gain my action, at least, if they added kill games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Details, link please
Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's good for the players since it gets rid of the annoying <15% VPIP players

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Why would a rock dislike a kill game?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's good for the players since it gets rid of the annoying <15% VPIP players

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Why would a rock dislike a kill game?

[/ QUOTE ]

A nonblind kill heavily increases your immediate odds preflop, and dramatically increases your implied odds postflop (and preflop even). You give up way too much value playing too tight when you're getting 2:1 ( in a half kill ) against 3 opponents who haven't even seen their cards yet.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Details, link please

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 10-22-2006, 10:25 AM

do you actually kill people? I am embarrased that I consider myself a professional card player and have never played kill before. You get paid extra if you knock someone out?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of the poker world is not.

The demand for these games is very low so you are very unlikely to be seeing them spread elsewhere.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of the poker world is not.

The demand for these games is very low so you are very unlikely to be seeing them spread elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from? They are not that common online, but a huge chunk of the live games I've played have had kills. I can't see why any good player wouldn't want a kill since it adds a new level of profitable complexity to the game, and I can't see why any gambler wouldn't want a kill for obvious reasons.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Traffic to the games that are already available online.

UB offers the kill games, yet they don't get near the players that the standard ring games get.

If there was more interest the bigger sites would have already been spreading them.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Traffic to the games that are already available online.

UB offers the kill games, yet they don't get near the players that the standard ring games get.

[/ QUOTE ]

The kill games are more popular than non-kill in the LO8 games. Hold'em kill is only spread at very small stakes so I'm not sure how popular it is, or would be if spread at reasonable stakes.

[ QUOTE ]

If there was more interest the bigger sites would have already been spreading them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad logic. You're implying by some circular logic that the status quo is flawless, since the status quo would not be the status quo if were not flawless. The sites are constantly evolving - constant blinds heads up, razz, hold'em blackjack, etc.. There is no reason kills should not be added.