Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Default AKo turns into a flush

CO is 51/.52/0 after 27 hands Very loose, calls down with any piece of the board... never seen him raise the end though.
BB is 25/2/7.4 after 27 hands no real reads been playing preety tight.

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (23.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.20 BB

I have two main questions

1. Do you three bet the flop as I did in this situation?

2. I wussed out on the river when the board paired, do you three barrel here?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: AKo turns into a flush

David, reads would help here
Old 10-19-2007, 09:24 PM

SOrry thought I had them there. edited and put in stats on villain
Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry I suck, its all there now I promise.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 PM

grunch

I would not 3 bet the flop because I'm oop but I would 3 bet the river.
CO just called the flop then raised the turn he is likely to raise 2 pair in that spot. This looks like he has the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 PM

IMO the flop 3 bet is a little much I just call there.

Turn is fine of course.

I agree with your caution on the river.
This guy is passive and raises when the board pairs. Even though his action looks like he may have a smaller flush he also could have been playing his flopped set this way.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:49 AM

27 hands isn't much of a read. This is the K of spades more often than it's a slow played set on the flop. Flop doesn't matter too much, you'd hate to be 3-bet because it generally means you only have 7 spade outs instead of 9, but you have a pretty good draw +overcards and at .25/.50 the raise doesn't mean you are always behind here.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 AM

perfect. if he has a boat he played it like a retard
Old 10-20-2007, 03:45 PM

* g *

I believe the 3-bet on flop is great, you have 35% pot equity with two other players, so you make a profit with every cent that goes in. the key point is that your 3-bet doesn't really run the risk of knocking anyone out due to the sequence of events. if there was that possibility, it would be better to flat call and let the third player in...

with regard to the river, lets check the likely holdings of the villian in order of probablity on account of his play: the King of spades + something, a set of queens, a set of fives, a set of threes... after villians river raise how will he respond to your possible reraise? if he has the King of spades he will call, you will gain one bet. if he has a fullhouse or quads then he will cap it and you will lose two bets... well, intuitively it seems unprofitable to 3-bet the river... mathematically you would have to figure that he has a more than 66% chance of actually holding the King high flush rather than a fullhouse or quads for the action to be +EV... if it is actually possible to make that calculation is beyond my knowledge of poker theory and may be better answered by the more mathematically inclined poker experts... but again intuitively it seems less likely than 66% for him to hold the king high flush, to make the 3-bet reraise on the river profitable.