Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM

Default First car thread results (LC)

First I want to say thanks very much for everyone that contributed in my thread.

It took almost a month (feels like a lot longer) but I finally got my car today. At least 3 diff times I was dead set on a certain car, but then things fizzled when the test drive didn't fit my needs or the dealership guy lied to me.

After making a few diff trips today I stumbled upon the greatest car ever, and there was no compromise. It fit perfectly with my budget and all the suggestions here, as well as other advice I got.

I got a black 2004 BMW coupe 330 cI with only 11k miles and got it for $5,000 less than it's market retail dealership value! Also got a great warrantee on it, clean CarFax report, and got it stocked with all the cool options :O

My stepdad also owned a beemer so I always knew the feel of a BMW car was great, and this car was no exception.

Here are some pictures:

I guess what I have learned out of this is that if you're young, and financially responsible, by all means go out and make a balla purchase.

But look around and be tedious! Up until yesterday I was still unsure what car I wanted. I guess the idea is to go to lots of dealerships and test drive lots of cars imo, its something where internet research can help but it all boils down to trying lots of cars in the hopes that you think one really kicks ass.

And also never settling with dealer bullsh*t, being willing to walk out. There are millions of cars for sale in the country, and there was no reason I should buy any car until I found the car that I loved. And if I still couldn't find it, then buy cheap.

Anyways I got lucky (yet again I run good). Thanks again for all the help all. Feel free to close this thread in a couple of days as it really isn't a productive one for EDF but I figured it was a better idea than posting results in my 230-reply thread.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: First car thread results (LC)

Hopefully this wasn't covered in the other thread, but care to share what lies dealer's told you? Also did it feel good to walk out on them?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 PM

One dealer intently gave me incorrect information on car availability in the area (i would assume with the motive of giving me blinders on that exact car) and gave faulty information on the car as a means of countering haggling.

I guess some dealers find it to be most +EV to treat their customers like stupid people, fortunately I have friends that are not car-stupid.

Unfortunately I am non-confrontational and just chose to not return phonecalls from the dealer in question when I guess he thought he had my sale in the bag.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:01 AM

looks sharp Clayton, congrats on the purchase
Old 09-28-2007, 03:16 AM

2004 w/ only 11k miles? pretty sweet.

congrats!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 AM

sick car. did you go straight cash or finance it
Old 09-28-2007, 04:56 AM

nice car, but automatic trans = teh suck
Old 09-28-2007, 05:05 AM

Nice car. I thought you wanted to go with a Porsche (wallet thread)? I don't particularly like automatic transition, but if the car is a smooth ride, then w/e.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:08 AM

Congrats, very nice car. That is a lot of buttons.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a lot of buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]
?
Closed Thread