Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 12:58 PM

Default No misrepresenting your hand while HU?

I had a dealer throw the book at me this weekend for misreppresenting my hand while a guy was thinking about calling my re-reraise. I told him I slowplayed top 2 when I had the well hidden str8. The dealer flipped out when I turned over my cards. Is the soaring eagle the only place in the world where you can't lie about your cards? I had the floor tell me that I absolutely couldn't lie about what I had. If someone asked me if I had hand X and I did, I couldn't say no, only not answer. How much BS is this?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Re: No misrepresenting your hand while HU?

I have never heard that rule in Vegas, however, tournaments tend to be much more strict then cash games. Either way, table talk is very much a part of the game, so I see no real problem with it, especially HU.

In fact, the opposite is often true. Sometimes you can lie about your hand, but you cannot say/show exactly what you really have.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In fact, the opposite is often true. Sometimes you can lie about your hand, but you cannot say/show exactly what you really have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is what I've heard more often. I know for a fact that in the WSOP you can say anything you want EXCEPT what you actually have.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is what I've heard more often. I know for a fact that in the WSOP you can say anything you want EXCEPT what you actually have.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at stupid poker rules.

i really wish there was one rulebook for stuff like this - that would make too much sense though.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless your last name starts with a "G" and ends with "old".
Old 08-24-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's filmed evidence that this isn't true.

"I raise with my aces, baby!" - Scotty Nguyen, raising with his aces at WSOP Ballys
Old 08-24-2006, 04:47 PM

What was the timing on this. A lot of places have rules agaist lieing about your hand AFTER action is closed on the river, but have no issue with your lieing before that.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:16 PM

The problem is if you induce a muck after all the action. E.g., you say "Yeah, I have the flush" when you don't--even if you misread your hand. Opponent mucks a set. If your cards are shown, most rooms will retrieve opponent's hand.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is if you induce a muck after all the action. E.g., you say "Yeah, I have the flush" when you don't--even if you misread your hand. Opponent mucks a set. If your cards are shown, most rooms will retrieve opponent's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that their fault for taking your word for having the flush? Seems like that's a "Hey that's not fair" rule. If you say that you have a flush after they call and they don't table their hand and hold onto their cards waiting for you to show the flush.... sucks for them. Right?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that their fault for taking your word for having the flush? Seems like that's a "Hey that's not fair" rule. If you say that you have a flush after they call and they don't table their hand and hold onto their cards waiting for you to show the flush.... sucks for them. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

miscalling your hand like this is angle shooting extraordinaire. Anyone who does this should lose the pot and get a kick in the nuts.