Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Techno Music

If I listen to rock while playing poker I tend to listen to the lyrics intently, and sometimes it causes me to lose focus. The techno I listen to usually has little vocals or none.

My favorites are DJ Tiesto, Chemical Brothers, Armin Van Burren.

Does anyone else in this fading republic listen to techno or trance? I always see rock bands and blues and jazz on here..

What do you guys lik e?
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Techno Music

Orbital, prodigy, paul oakenfold, bt, hallucinogen, astral projection, juno reactor are a couple
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Particle, WBPN, some songs from Umphrey's Mcgee & SCI are pretty 'techno-y', & Galactic. Most are rock/techno, which is the genre I'm really starting to love.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Oribital, Underworld, Nathan Fake, Roger Sanchez. Thats more house and electro though. Not really to big on my techno.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM

For whatever reason, I've never really followed precisely what the various subgenres of electronic music are supposed to denote. I just know what I like. Some acts that I like are Boards of Canada, Plaid, Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works, Caribou/Manitoba, and based on what I've heard on Pandora, Bichi, Ulrich Schnauss, Cepia, Four Tet.

SomaFM, an Internet radio service that I heard about here on 2+2, might fit the bill nicely for this kind of thing while you're pokering.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 PM

yes i also don't really know the definitions of all the million subtypes of this stuff
Old 02-23-2007, 03:42 PM

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 PM

None of what has been listed yet is "techno"

Techno would be Dave Clark, Adam Beyer, Umek, Stacy Pullin, Mistress Barbara, Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills, and so on.

If you like techno, or want to here true/excellent techno, it should be pretty easy to find Dave Clark - Essential Mix, I know it's easy to get a hold of on [censored].

If you like Tiesto, check out Above and Beyond, Ferry Corstan, Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyke.

For more progressive sounds, you might check out Sasha, John Digweed, MAx Graham, Desyn Masiello, King Unique, Danny Tenaglia, Satoshi Tomeii, Lee Burridge. Nick Warren has a brand new Global Underground cd out that's very good (specifically, Global Underground 30 - Paris - Mixed by Nick Warren)

If you haven't yet branched out to Drum and Bass, you might check that style out. I've been a huge drum and bass fan for about 10 years or so. Suggestions: Pendullum (hold your color EP is AMAZING work and easy to find), Andy C, Bailey, Bad Company, Usual Suspects, Dieselboy, High Contrast, Concord Dawn, Technical Itch, Teebee, Ed Rush and Optical...

By far the best place to find Electronic music is [censored]. If you are having trouble narrowing down your selection, just search for "Essential Mix' and grab as many different ones as you can. You'll end up with high quality dj mixes from many different genres.

Edit to add: Apparently you aren't allowed to mention that place where you would go to look for a persons soul. Odd.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Cassius
Old 02-23-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cassius

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]