Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Poker Tracker thoughts?

I've heard mention that poker tracker is not as useful for omaha as it is for holdem, do people here agree with that and if so why? I'm basically decideing whether or not I should get it and I just don't know, so some feedback from the more experienced would be great.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker thoughts?

I definately find PTO less useful to PTHE. It is still very nice for reviewing sessions, and exporting some notes onto different sites. The stat I export that carries the most weight for me is usually preflop raise, I will usually display the VPIP, pfr, and then the last 20 hands that a player raised pf
Old 07-18-2006, 03:12 AM

Application of PT to Omaha is less streightforward since there are so many more starting hands. I am a beginning Omaha player .01/.02 PL 6 Max on UB mostly. I got PT Omaha/Holdem bundled because there is a small discount.

The Game time window is very useful since there is no way to keep stats for play/raise% fast enough short handed any other way.

How much help does it need to be to be able to pay for itself? If it enables you to win 4 big pots at the .10/.25 level it will pay for itself.

Like most database software, what you get out of it depends on how well you learn to use it. The author did an exclent job, but it has bunches of buttons to master to get the information that will help you out.

It is worth the price even if it only helps you find those big hands you played a few weeks ago so you can figure how to improve your game.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:11 AM

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a good, but not great tool. Probably will get it before too long, but don't feel like i'm throwing money away not having it yet.