Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Default TPGK+FD on turn OOP vs a donk

the villain is running 40/8 over 200hands. no specific reads though. what's the best action on turn? i think this is a spot where we have many options and they all make sense to some degree.

bet: since he is very loose, there is a good chance that our hand is best. by betting we get value from worse hands. if we are raised ai, however, we need about 30% equity to make the call. do we have 30%?? is bet/fold better option than bet/call?

craise: if we craise here, can we expect a better hand to fold? i am guessing AQ never folds here. but by craising(if he bets), we get to trap more money in the pot where we might have the best hand and have outs if behind. he will be getting about 2to1 on his money.

check/call: since i bet into 2opp and the flop is dry, i expect him to have a hand here. by check calling we get to keep the pot relatively small compared to other alternatives and get worse hands to bet. but we gain little info on the strength of his hand, which makes our river action more difficult.

i think each option has its merits. so what do u think is the best move in this situation.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $19.80
BB: $7.70
UTG: $25.55
MP: $18.75
Hero (CO): $61.10
BTN: $29.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, BTN calls $1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.95

Flop: ($3.95) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.20</font>, BTN calls $3.20, UTG folds

Turn: ($10.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: TPGK+FD on turn OOP vs a donk

You can't cr if you aren't first to act
Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't cr if you aren't first to act

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is first to act (UTG folded, only button remains in hand on turn).

I'd fire again here, as he could have a smaller queen or a medium pair and you just gained a flush draw.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Doh... misread this.

I wouldn't go for the CR, I'd just fire away.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:35 PM

That's a pretty good turn card.. top pair, good kicker, and the 2nd nut flush draw. I'd bet about 7 - 7.50 on the turn.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Id bet this all day and prob fold to a decent raise on the turn. I dont see a check raise doing much of anything other than turning our hand into a bluff/folding hands we can get value from. I dont really want this turn to get checked threw either giving free cards to draws and losing value from crap like second pair that might call a turn bet.

edit-- oops mised that we have a FD here yeah I still bet it and prob call push from villian here. I might check IP but I prefer to bet out OOP here
Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id bet this all day and prob fold to a decent raise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
bet/call is imho much better than bet/fold.

poster said we need to have 30% equity to call, we should have much more. Vs this tight range: QQ,77,55,AQ,KQ,87,AQo,KQo,87o,64 we have 30%