Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Nut Flush Draw gets check raised heads up

In this I have the nut flush draw and get check raised by the villian, what would you do here? This hand is fairly deep stacked, so it adds to the complexity of the issue here.

Villain in this hand is 21/18/3.5 but has a flop aggression factor of 8. His name is Baba-Joon and by his stats, it screams 2p2'er.

(I think this is a common spot to get into, especially since FTP is crawling with 2p2ers)

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $267.65
UTG: $51.80
MP: $49.25
Hero (CO): $84.35
BTN: $41.35
SB: $45.50

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero???[/i]

I have to assume that I have 9 clear spade outs here.

Here are my questions:

1.) Do you assume that the Ace is also a clear out, giving me a total of 12 outs if the villain had hit only the K or Q?

2.) The villain pulled a CR, that isn't quite a minraise, but certainly looks like its begging to be called. What range would you put him on with this type of move?

3.) What would you do in this spot?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Nut Flush Draw gets check raised heads up

thats a pretty standard raise, I wouldn't infer too much from it, i would expect him to make a bet that size with a bluff or the nuts.

His range for calling a shove here is KQ and 66, and maybe some worse draws.

His range for the check raise is a little wider...but not by much as this isn't exactly the ideal flop for it. Something like JK, j10, 67s and so on.

I think shoving here is best.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 AM

He is CRing a lot of draws and obv big hands as well, but I like a call here (you have implied odds since you're deep) and I am probably shoving any non-spade turn if he leads out
Old 10-10-2007, 12:53 AM

I do not know why a "solid looking" villain would make such a small C/R..A Pot sized check raise would be to $15..Villain is nearly giving you direct odds to draw..So I would CALL the flop C/R and see what develops on the turn..
Old 10-10-2007, 12:53 AM

so far I see

A.) Shove
B.) Call and shove any non-spade turn if villain leads?
C.) Call and re-evaluate

Can you explain why I would shove into aggression on the turn, if I am missing my spade and still have air? Shoving would also be for more than a buyin, again with air, and only an 18% chance of improving on the river if needed.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 AM

You will have a lot of FE on the turn since villain is probably leading turns with draws as well and you won't be getting direct or implied odds there anymore if he makes any kind of a decent bet.
Also shoving on the flop would be an overbet so I guess you could 4bet him there instead and get a free card on the turn
Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 AM

Here's an addition then....

I 4-bet the flop, and made it $29 to go, leaving me $52 behind. Villain then pushes.

It will cost me $52 to win an additional $113, but I'll be all in and see both streets, and be almost break even on this hand for the call.

Did I just butcher a hand and price myself in artificially by coming over the top, or whats the consensus here?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Easy fold. You don't have any equity here whatsoever.
Ak is unlikely but it has you smashed anyway.
KQ is a little more likely, but I believe he 3bets you CO opening and has you smashed.
66 obviously has you smashed.
The only possibile hand you beat is JT, but then again he is more likely to fold or 3bet with it preflop than cold call.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 AM

Corsakh, when are you suggesting to fold?

There's no way he should fold to this flop check raise. He's getting 3 to 1 immediately and more importantly the remaining stacks are pretty big. IMO 66 is a big part of his range and the implied odds are huge. The rest of his range is a lower flush draw possibly with a straight draw or maybe even possibly just the straight draw. The rest of it IMO is filled out by missed suited connetors and missed low and mid pocket pairs trying to take it away. I think this is a bad board for him to try that and this isn't a large part of his range but it's there. KQ is possible but doubtful.

I would not shove a blank turn if he bets. And if he checked I'd likely check behind. If I miss river and he checks agin though I probably bet there. If he bets a blank turn then my action depends on bet size.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Ye. Considering stacks call is fine.