Old 04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
killphilNI killphilNI is offline

Location: Getting the benefit of the doubt
Default Poker Time not honouring rakeback

Not sure if this is the right forum, move it if needs be.

Basically, I had a 30% rakeback deal with The Gaming Club (Prima) and they got bought over by Poker Time who have screwed me around ever since. Here is the lastest email exchange, they have just informed me that they're going to give me rakeback "from now on." How kind.

Dear Sir/Madam

I received the following email from your company on March 14th:

"Hi Philip

>I am sending this e-mail in regards to your recent query concerning the
>current rake-back offer on your Gaming Club Poker account as accessed
>through the PokerTime software.
>
>We have received feedback from our Poker Marketing Company confirming
>that you are still on the 30% rake-back offer as before and that the
>funds credited on the 9th is indeed correct and consistent with this
>offer. The amount credited to your account on the 9th of March included
>the amount that was due in February as well.
>
>As per the original stipulation, the amounts that are received under
the
>rake-back offer carry no requirements of their own in order to cash in
>the funds.
>
>I trust that you will find the above information of use and would like
>to invite you to contact us again if you should require any additional
>assistance.
>
>Kind regards
>
>Danie
>
>Poker Support Desk"

Your company has informed me that my rakeback offer still stands on numerous occassions. I had a rakeback deal with The Gaming Club website for a long time and never had any problems, and your company promised to honour the deal. Now you have indicated that you want to pay my rakeback "from now on" This is totally unacceptable. In addition to this, there were never any clauses such as "if you pay in excess of $1000 in rake" and you have decided to add these stipulations with justification or reasoning. This is also unacceptable as this was not included in my original deal. I am also deeply unhappy with your customer service. You seem to send conflicting emails on a regular basis. Please forward this email to a manager or someone who knows what they're talking about.

As it stands now, I paid over $1350 in rake in March and have yet to receive my 30% rakeback (totalling around $400) Please honour the deal and deposit $400 into my account. Saying that you are going to give me rakeback "from now on" is not good enough. I am owed $400.

Regards,

Philip Campbell

Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 PM
killphilNI killphilNI is offline

Location: Getting the benefit of the doubt
Default Re: Poker Time not honouring rakeback

Their response:

"Hi Philip

Thank you for contacting us.

Philip, I have reviewed your account and see that you have raked over $1350 in March.

I have however been in contact with Kevin in VIP and he has confirmed that the 30% rakeback offer has only taken effect from the beginning of this month.

This offer will now also be active on your account from this month onwards and will affect all your purchases from here on in.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this regard

Please feel free to contact us again should you have any further queries

Kind Regards

Jared"

What a joke.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM
killphilNI killphilNI is offline

Location: Getting the benefit of the doubt

They eventually put $350 into my account (after somehow miscalculating how much rake I paid last month). Glad I took my roll off this site, couldn't be bothered with this every month.

Lesson- if you're getting screwed, don't accept the word of the first person you speak to.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Suigin406 Suigin406 is offline

Location: fire isiah and minaya

this might be the first thread in which the OP was able to "solve" his own issue without needing assistance...

nice to see that the problem is figured out...did they provide explanation on how they miscalculated ur rake??
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
killphilNI killphilNI is offline

Location: Getting the benefit of the doubt

[ QUOTE ]
this might be the first thread in which the OP was able to "solve" his own issue without needing assistance...

nice to see that the problem is figured out...did they provide explanation on how they miscalculated ur rake??

[/ QUOTE ]

None whatsoever. Their Rep Jared quoted the correct amount of $1350 in one of the emails. But when it came to paying the RB, they decided I had only paid $1200. Tbh I'm just happy they coughed up, even if it is $50 short.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute

Pokertime is a Fortune Lounge site right? It's not often one hears happy endings to those complaints.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
killphilNI killphilNI is offline

Location: Getting the benefit of the doubt

I'm not exactly sure who they are but I think they bought a few Prima skins when they bought The Gaming Club.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Mr. Orange Mr. Orange is offline

Location: Parts Unknown

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not exactly sure who they are but I think they bought a few Prima skins when they bought The Gaming Club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they bought Trident (prima skin) because I started getting emails from them a while back. Took me a while to figure out who they were, at first I thought it was just spam.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Mr. Wishbone Mr. Wishbone is offline

Location: Lurking @ HSNL

Some time ago Raketherake sent out a mail that Pokertime wouldnt be honoring the rb deals for old gaming club players anymore. Needless to say, I´m not playing there anymore.