Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 PM

Default TP2k vs. me

wanted to look at this hand from my opponents perspective. Hero is gnomeontilt, I have him at 17/13 over 500ish hands, fairly straight-forward, vanilla tag.
Hero should view villian(me) as an aggro player who plays lots of hands in position, somewhere in the neighbood of 23/17.

On the flop, villian should be able to give me a decent range since we have almost 500 hands together. He should know that I almost never have an overpair and should put my range at a set, FD+overs, a combo draw(pair+fd or sd+fd), or air. Whats your play here given reads???

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $112.30
BB: $85.00
Hero: $63.85
MP: $69.70
CO: $140.40
AZP (BTN): $51.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, AZP calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">AZP raises to $11.00</font>, Hero???
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: TP2k vs. me

I call and do different things on different turns.

I don't know what this guy is doing raising KTs UTG here, but his hand isn't much worse than an overpair vs your range, and since he raised UTG that's exactly how it should look to you when he calls.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 AM

KTs UTG no bueno...On flop i cant image doin anything other than foldin. Callin just puts you in a tough/weird turn spot. 3bettin/pushin flop really only gets called by better hands (basically turns our hand into a bluff). Basically I think TPGK is way behind your range here...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:24 AM

How about calling and shoving blank turns? If villan can reasonably do this with hands like 44 and the like (which I think he has), I think we are generally ahead here (unless he's nitty and his range is like strictly a set). I think villan repops with JJ+ as well.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:48 AM

Whoa 17/13s raise that UTG?

I think calling the flop and checking the turn with the intention to CRAI is good here. Orange you realize shoving a blank turn is going to be $40 into a $26 pot?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:51 AM

[censored], misread it. I thought that we were in pos.

In that case, I like calling and c/r-ing blank turns (if villan is capable of firing 2 barrles with air). If you don't think he is, and then his range changes to strictly sets, we can dump. So either c/shove or c/f on the turn, depending on if you think villan has the balls to double barrel blank turns.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:53 AM

I am calling and potting a turn brick some of the time and 3-balling the flop the rest of the time
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 AM

If you are defining your range here in black and white terms, why do you post this? Once your range is determined, you can figure out your exact equity and the rest is day one stuff.