Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Strat forum mods - a thread for you

Gild's marketing question about what you put in the window got me thinking. Although I am 1/2 of the mod team (technically 1/3 but JBB is retired) of the B&M forum I often tell the regulars there that they should be spending more time in the strat forums because thats the real gold of 2+2. I always get negative responses when I say something along those lines or move an obvious strategy post out of B&M which really saddens me... these guys obviously love poker but generally they dont realize the mistakes they are making. I always attributed it to see no evil mentality (what they dont know wont hurt them) but this thread recently started in B&M got me thinking that perhaps we can do a better job in the strat forums to become more accommodating to a different class of player. What got me was the belief that the forums are for online players only, in fact one of the owners of AVP (www.allvegaspoker.com) said "Until there are separate online and live strat forums, I will not set foot in them. Period.".

Of course the player in me wants the owner of AVP to sit on my right every day until he goes busto, but the mod in me wants to try to find a way to make the window dressing on the strat forums better so they are not as intimidating to the regular visitors of the high-volume white noise forums such as BBV, OOT, Tournament Circuit and B&M.

Whats your opinion... should we try to increase strat forum page views through diverting regular readers of the non-strat forums, or should we continue as before? If you feel we should try to encourage non-strat readers to spend time in the strat forums, how would you encourage the cross over?