Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 02:50 AM

Default 4 (un?)typical hands (marginal OR;2x BB flop donk;AQo in SB)

Hi guys,

due to consistent loss over the last weeks, I've replayed my last few sessions in PO hand replayer and found a few hands that seem to cost me tons of money. I'd be pretty o.k. with that if I was sure that I would have played those hands correctly, but I'm not at all about those that follow.
I think they are a good example of things that I'm making wrong continuously.
Apparently, I'm overrating fold equity and seem to be unable to give up betting once I've started to, but I doubt this is correct against those loose passives. However, only betting when I've actually hit something does not seem correct to my either.

Well, any comments are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 7.75BB

I don't do myself any good by betting the river again, right? However, the only thing I can beat here is ... well, actually nothing, so better come out betting again for 1:5.75 and sometimes loose 1 additional BB instead of always loosing the entiry pot ...?

-----

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, hero checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: 3.25BB

-----

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.25BB, 2 players)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 6.25BB

Same as #1 I think.

------

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Re: 4 (un?)typical hands (marginal OR;2x BB flop donk;AQo in SB)

Hand 1 is not that bad. He's probably not folding an ace (it does happens, though), but most likely a king. He may also fold a busted draw, that he would bluff if you check.

Hand 2: I think, pot is just big enough, that you can justify calling.

Hand 3: c/f river

Hand 4: Pretty ugly. I would probably c/c flop, c/f turn, since this flop is likely to have hit someone or everyone, but betting is not that bad. I would give up on the turn and on the river.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: 4 (un?)typical hands (marginal OR;2x BB flop donk;AQo in SB)

The pokerroom (ongame) 0.5/1 games are prolly loose passive as hell. So for the love of god stop betting when you have nothing because they wont fold!

Hand 1

In a loose passive game with 3 loose players behind I would just muck JTo in the CO but its close. I know that all sorts of preflop charts say you can steal with JTo (and you most often can), but when in a spot where its likely it will end up 3 or 4 way with you OOP and the rake is insane you need to fold it IMO.

If you wanna crush 0.5/1 at pokerroom you need to play very tight and valuebet constantly. Stop playing marginal hands OOP and stop bluffing

As played I would prolly bet the turn again since the board paired. For some reason people start folding when the highest card pairs.

Hand 2

Turn is close but since its likely you will chop a lot when you catch an out I dont mind folding at all.

Hand 3

YUCK! As I said before. valuebet when you hit the flop and give up when you dont. Win 500BB in a week running good and move up to 1/2

Hand 4

Dont c-bet the flop. You have a draw and have to call a raise and you will never ever get anyone to fold a better hand.

Dont bet the turn into two people again. Check and fold. You will see the river here more often than you think.