Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Default No bets til 5th street Stud/8

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___????

At this point my hand is decent but the pot is ridiculously small and I'm almost definitely losing for high and drawing at a low with 2 players behind me.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: No bets til 5th street Stud/8

Bet 4th. Raise 5th.

You may not think so, but you have the best hand.
Play around on www.twodimes.net/poker and you'll begin to better understand the concept of pot equity.

Also, seriously consider how the dead cards and the actions of your opponents tell a story. You're in great shape in this hand.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 PM

Bet 4th into an A2 and A3 with 3 low cards and a tiny pair?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Absolutely. What can they have based upon their actions thus far in the hand? 3 aces are showing and nobody raised on 3rd - does anyone have a pair of aces? The first couple of aces limped in - if they had Ace/low/low would they not have raised 3rd? Of course they would have. So, you're very likely against crap like 2Q-A. There is nothing they caught on 4th that puts them ahead of you in pot equity. You only need 25%+ equity to make a bet correct and you have well more than that. On 5th you're still in good shape.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Absolutely. What can they have based upon their actions thus far in the hand? 3 aces are showing and nobody raised on 3rd - does anyone have a pair of aces? The first couple of aces limped in - if they had Ace/low/low would they not have raised 3rd? Of course they would have.

[/ QUOTE ]
I strongly disagree. These games generally aren't very aggressive especially on the early streets. Right or wrong, people love to limp and get in cheap. Seats 1 and 2 could very easily have two babies down--73, 64, whatever. He's also the bring-in, are his opponents going to give him much credit for anything, esp with 3 clubs being dead? Seats 1 and 2 are definitely calling and Hero is playing catch up IMO. If they check behind, great. I'll gladly take a free card and re-evaluate on 5th.

[ QUOTE ]
So, you're very likely against crap like 2Q-A. There is nothing they caught on 4th that puts them ahead of you in pot equity. You only need 25%+ equity to make a bet correct and you have well more than that. On 5th you're still in good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 AM

You played third very well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Fourth is definitely a check. One of your Treys is gone, and there are two very strong boards behind you. I'd call on fifth. Raising would be reasonable. I wouldn't particularly fear the low boards behind you now, as they both checked on fourth. And what the hell can AQ9 have made, anyway?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:59 AM

Betting on 4th against those boards seems suicidal to me. You're in awful shape if one player has a wired pair below 8's and the other has a low draw.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:19 AM

How bad is folding 5th?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Check 4th, raise 5th. Folding wouldn't be too bad since the pot is so small. But his bet is retarded and I'd just want to punish him for it.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:16 PM

I think it would be pretty bad. You think that Nine hit him?