Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Juice fast round two

I'm at 121.5 hours, just a little over five days and I'm stopping.
This time things were a little different. The first time around I drank copius amounts of Bolthouse organic juice, most of which I found out were high in sugar. Delicious and fiber free, but this time around I was looking for something with a little less sugar, and I was looking to drink more water. Bossanova acai juices, specifically the mango one is pretty good and lower in sugar. Odwalla juices are fairly good too, the Microfood is probably the best one for you, and while not awful tasting it certainly doesn't taste as good as the mango or a few of the other ones I don't really remember.

I did do a half gallon of organic apple juice again though spread over two days, and interestingly enough I didn't experience what I would only describe as pissing out of my ass every fifteen minutes for hours.

It was a little easier this time around, I'm not sure if that's because of psychological reasons or physical reasons.

I tried to go on just water, this happened sort of on accident after about 80 hours and I really didn't feel well, and started to get a little lightheaded. I was far away from anything and it was late and I didn't want to drink unorganic stuff so I just went to sleep. When I woke up I felt a little better but I went home and drank probably 16 ounces of juice. The next day(yesterday) I tried it again and I was actually feeling fine and really thought I could do it. My roommate and I decided to play a little basketball so I drank a few ounces of juice before/after just to make sure and I was really doing ok. Then at work last night I just kind of burst in to a sweat and got super lightheaded and really thought I was going to faint. It passed after about ten minutes but I still didn't feel well(The entire time during both fasts I felt fine, just hungry) so I drank some apple juice at work and felt fine again within 20 minutes or so. I have absolutely no idea how Dcifrths managed to do it.

So five days have passed and I'm stopping now, I don't feel much is really happening and I think I've done a reasonably good job and I didn't cheat or anything like that. After doing it this time around it's something I wholeheartedly intend on doing four times a year.

If you're considering this, go ahead and give it a shot, for me the most difficult thing is watching people eat around me, especially foods that I love, and nourishing ones(watching people eat candy is nothing, watching people eat steak is wicked wicked heard though.)

Cliff notes:
I didn't eat for five days, just drank some juice, walk in the park.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Juice fast round two

I did something similar for wrestling, 5-7 big glasses of juice a day and lots of water.

The juice was made in a juicing machine, 2 of the glasses per day were fruit and the other 3-5 vegetable. I also had to take this dieter's tea, an intense laxitive.

It was pure hell.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:51 PM

What exactly is the cutoff between "food" and "juice"? Is eating an orange somehow different from putting that orange into a blender and then calling it orange juice?
Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 PM

What are/were your reasons for this "juice fast"? Religious, Aesthetics, Health? Sorry if it was explained in the "First Round" which I didn't catch.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM

so this is why foxwoods dealers can't pay attention.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is the cutoff between "food" and "juice"? Is eating an orange somehow different from putting that orange into a blender and then calling it orange juice?

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO, the juice is inferior nutritionally due to almost all the fiber being removed. What you have left is basically a glass of fructose and acid.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:50 PM

What is the purpose of this? Cleanse your system or something?
Old 12-15-2006, 05:10 PM

Sins. It's for cleansing sins.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I go up to 13 weeks per year on nothing but the blood of christ myself.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know my roommate said something about that to me and I found it interesting. For me, personally, I guess my cutoff is the absence of fiber.

While orange juice is juice, the pulp content you'd find from blending one naturally would have to be digested and ultimately excreted and so it wasn't something I wanted, nor was it something that was recommended.

I try not to drink much juice(though it's difficult as I don't really like water very much) because as said in this thread, it really isn't much more than sugar and water, in fact, if you are going to drink juice, I'd recommend orange juice with heavy pulp, but I'm no expert. Juices do have lots of unfortified(uesful) vitamins and antioxidants... not like I really know what they are, but they're probably healthy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What are/were your reasons for this "juice fast"? Religious, Aesthetics, Health? Sorry if it was explained in the "First Round" which I didn't catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, I just want to see if I can do it, a mental challenge I guess. I've toyed around with sleep depravation as well as polyphasic sleeping. I'm a little on the overweight side(5' 11" and I think 170) but nothing that some good exercise wouldn't fix. I noticed no weight loss during the fast.

[ QUOTE ]
so this is why foxwoods dealers can't pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealers can pay attention, and many chose to, but the necessity for most dealers to truly focus isn't really there.

This is something I just heard about recently. Interesting! http://www.madatfoxwoods.com

[ QUOTE ]
What is the purpose of this? Cleanse your system or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Some do it for spiritual reasons, I'm not much of a religious man but I've read that even those who aren't doing it for religious reasons feel on a higher plane. This is something I haven't experienced either time.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it works!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I go up to 13 weeks per year on nothing but the blood of christ myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very dangerous man. Your metabolism is going to disappear and you're going to eat all the toxins in your body, I recommend stopping immediately.