Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 04:44 PM

Default BRAG ....wanna make money now that US poker is over?

Now that US online poker is on the verge of collapse i have decided to invest my time and efforts into other areas. Poker has been kind to me and I am going to to take my money and try to invest it.

Now here is what I am thinking...have any of you ever bothered to look at the stock market? I have recently taken an interest in it mainly OIL COMPANIES. Oil companies are among the most profitable businesses in the world...people all over the globe rely on petroleum based products especially the United States. I have noticed some trends over the past few decades and some blatant trends over the past few years.

Oil prices have continued to escalate at a steady pace the past few decades and at an alrming rate over the past 24 months or so. Hurrican Katrina supposedly crushed a large percantage of the UNited States oil refineries last summer thus driving the avg price of oil barrels waaaay up. Anyone with an IQ of 15 would realize that the US is NOT anywhere near a shortage of oil and Hurricane Katrina did nothing to our actual oil supplies. In fact, the U.S. uses a very small portion of our actual oil...rather we are using up other countries' oil supplies.

Oil prices were at an all time high roughly 6-9 months ago...and the funny thing is that we, the consumers, continued to pay outrageous prices for a gallon of gas. The national avg was nearly $3 bux a gallon! Now oil prices are dropping and you think you are getting a good deal on a gallon of gas. And so the trend continues,..oil prices go up up up and then gradual level back off at a higher price than the last time the trend took place.

Now this is where you can make money! A put or call is where you can take money and for lack of a better term bet on wether or not a stock is going to go up or down. If you bet the put then you are betting the price of the stock will go down. If u bet the call then u bet the stock price will go up. Of course, there are specific amounts of time that you have..for instance you buy an oil call at the beginning of the year. It is for 6 months...so at the end of the 6 months if the avg price of an oil barrel has gone up then u make money.

I bought an oil put in june for 6 months and believe or not the price oil has started to drop now that summer is coming to an end and people are travelling less. Come January..just you watch oil companies will begin to drive prices up and I will have oil calls. When the price of gas goes to 4 bux a gallon u will remeber the days when 3 bux seemed like a good deal.

-Obnxnole-
Old 10-06-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Re: BRAG ....wanna make money now that US poker is over?

When gas is cheap I drive my tanker up to gas stations and buy 30 or 40 thousand gallons of gas at a time. Then when the price goes up, I go back and sell the gas back to the station for a healthy markup.

Its easy money.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:58 PM

it's true i partially own an oil well and they keep sending me checks for like 2k every couple months. do it.

rob banks, holla

sell drugs, call ya

shoot guns, balla
Old 10-06-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When gas is cheap I drive my tanker up to gas stations and buy 30 or 40 thousand gallons of gas at a time. Then when the price goes up, I go back and sell the gas back to the station for a healthy markup.

Its easy money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet dude, where can I get a tanker that size? Would I have to get a CDL, or would I be cool with my regular license?
Old 10-06-2006, 05:09 PM

why not just sell your soul?

-DrG
Old 10-06-2006, 05:12 PM

OIL? WHAT OIL?
Old 10-06-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get drunk, call her

[/ QUOTE ]