Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Default How do you play big pairs deep stack?

I like to give 10:1 or 11:1 implied oods to my opponnent when I 3 bet, but when I'm 150bb+ deep its kinda hard not to give them the odds of calling with their pocket pair.

When deep I would usually bet 3 times the players open raise when 3 betting while with 100-150bb deep i would raise 4 or 5 times his raise.

Is this stupid to try and keep the pot small preflop with AA KK QQ AK if your opponnent has the odds to draw to his set?

I don't know why I do that, is this flawed logic? Should I 3 bet 5-6 times his open even if he has the odds to draw to his set? Does position influence the amount?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: How do you play big pairs deep stack?

If you raise 5-6 times or even 3-4 times, your opponent probably doesnt have the right odds. Unless he think you'll stick your whol stack in on any flop, does he think this?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 PM

I just hit the pot button whenever I openraise or 3bet
Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 PM

I always raise bigger than pot OOP, it's just too small of a raise and these days guys are calling 3bets light IP. Lately I've been 3betting to $32 against $8 opens from the blinds and $28 IP. I feel guys are calling 28 too light when they are IP and that extra $4 doesn't seem like much but when you see call $24 it makes it a lot tougher call. For example I don't think I've ever called a 3bet light when someone has made it 32 but I do call light from time to time when it's 28 or less.

If I'm 150BB deep I don't think it changes the amount much. I just don't want to be making massive overbets when I'm 3betting light. I don't want to bump it up to $40 against an $8 open when I have AJo, it's just way too much to invest.