Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Stud hi, sick multiway (K)(T)K hand

In this hand I had a strong read on seat 6 as an overaggressive player. In an earlier hand he badly overplayed a pair of Kings in a multiway pot against 2 players who were showing aggression. He did get me to fold the best hand at the time in that particular pot but ended up losing when the guy drawing at a big flush backed into a full house.

Comments on all streets appreciated, especially 6th and 7th street.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (10.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

5th Street - (11.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (17.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

River - (23.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (23.10 BB)
Old 06-02-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Stud hi, sick multiway (K)(T)K hand

Value betting 7th should be a consideration - the only time I wouldn't do it is if I wouldn't be able to fold to a raise - and this may be one of those spots, unless it came from seat 1. Given your description of seat 6 I think all streets look good.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:15 PM

Given your characterization of seat 6, I think this is all fine. I'd be sorely tempted to value-bet the river. The flush draw probably isn't calling with a worse hand, but seat 6 probably is.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:16 PM

i like your play, esp considering your reads. seat 1 concerns me a little, calling two raises cold on third like that: wouldn't he bet out or re-raise fourth if he had a flush draw?

i like your play on sixth a lot. ballsy, but justified. broadway straights are pretty dead at this point.

i check behind on the river. either of the other players would probably fold anything that you can beat, despite the size of the pot, and call if they have a better hand than you.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 PM

On fourth, the apparent flush draw bet and got raised in two spots. That will cause most folks to shut down.

I think that the lagtard will call with plenty of hands that our hero beats on the river.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:42 PM

I think seat one was obviously on a flush draw and then started backing into some straight draw (which he missed).

I think you had the best hand on 3rd and 4th... HOWEVER, something doesn't feel right. I think seat 6 has the case King burried and/or sucked out on you when he hit that queen on 6th street... and it's 50 /50 whether your kings up are better than his two pair.

However, based on your reads... i like super aggression on 5th /6th... then a check on 7th. NOTHING feels worse than getting C/R on 7th street

BTW... my thoughts also hinge on the fact that seat 6 may be AGRO... but, he happens to respect your play and will slow down when you show strength.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On fourth, the apparent flush draw bet and got raised in two spots. That will cause most folks to shut down.

I think that the lagtard will call with plenty of hands that our hero beats on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

A four flush... fold on fourth... no way... not in LA anyways.

Haven't you heard about the triple-4 theory. I know some stud players that will call 4-bets with a 4-flush on 4th [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM

By "shut down" I did not mean "fold." No one folds four-flushes on fourth.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 PM

Guys, thanks for all of the replies. You guys seem to have read both players pretty well.

In the end, Seat 1 showed (8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])(3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
Seat 6 showed (Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])(J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

I did miss a bet on the river, but I really would have puked if check/raised, and I forgot how to fold years ago.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....I forgot how to fold years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stud high should be a good fit for you.