Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 04:10 AM

Default villain is pretty dumb

villain is pretty dumb and shows down a lot, like 30/18 preflop 7-10 handed but doesnt do extreme;y annoying [censored] like 3bet 77 from the blinds to a UTG raise. WHAT DO I DO???? CAP OR CALL DOWN?

Ultimate Bet 80/160 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>
Old 05-03-2006, 04:38 AM

Default Re: villain is pretty dumb

then cap, duh.

If he bets again on the rive rjust call.

bet and call a river c/r
Old 05-03-2006, 04:39 AM

calldown. That is a super strong line.

Only hands you beat are KK/QQ and I doubt he would even play QQ that strong.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:07 AM

Why cap preflop heads-up with position? I'd probably wait for the turn when he leads into you after the cap - he must like his hand a lot so I'd give him a little rope to not discourage him, but raising is ok and it worked out it looks like.

I cap the turn. When he three bets pre, I don't give him a 7. So more likely scenario, he either has buried jacks or he doesn't. And since he stop go'd the turn, I'm wagering he doesn't. And I like your chances against other pocket pairs he might have...he could easily play KK or QQ like this.

If he leads the end after you cap, just call.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2006, 11:18 AM

i agree w/ everything jeff said except preflop. i cap that sh.t, there is really no need to be trapping preflop in the UB80, its not like hes C/Fing the flop cause u capped.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 PM

Jeff
Another reason to cap preflop is that you will also cap preflop HU with position a lot of hands besides AA. I wouldn't cap the turn in this hand. Dude is showing a lot of strenth, i don't see myself folding for a CR on the river and any competent player will CR me (with everything i can't beat) after i caped the turn. I think loosing 6BB on the turn\river is pretty horrible here.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM

Preflop I can see either way.

As for the turn, capping online is different than four betting live in a headsup spot. First, you can't be raised again - you know this and astute opponents know this, so capping heads up on the turn doesn't NECESSARILY mean you will bet the river. So your opponent is much more likely to just bet out on the end with a monster online than live where a checkraise is more of a gimme. Also, he may just bet out anyway b/c he's going for three bets on the end.

And, I really do think it's possible that he would play KK or QQ this way - in fact, as aggro as those UB games play, I think it's pretty likely. If he has JJ, I lose a bunch of money and go smoke a Cohiba or something.

Jeff
Old 05-05-2006, 06:09 PM

What's a Cohiba?

I def cap the turn (although I don't play this high limit). KK is his most likely holding IMO.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:35 PM

Jeff [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 04:46 AM

I'm capping here, and this is my reasoning... I think he's putting u on AK... I think that he feels ur raising the flop for a free turn card, and then he donks the turn to charge u, and feels that maybe ur trying 2 raise 4 a free river... I don't think he makes this play w/ JJ on the flop and the turn.... I think he would 3 bet the flop and just continue right on betting, b/c unless ur very agressive I don't think he can neccesarily count on u raising the turn... I think he has QQ.... what does anyone else think of this analysis?