Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Default I guess I should check on this one

Villian is KanyeSouth. No PT numbers on him yet but he's decent aggro regular, don't know too much else about him. I'm sure he thinks about the same of me, not really sure.

I assumed preflop was a mislick, but not sure if it was supposed to be a call, a fold, or a 3-bet that didn't get typed.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (3 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($3997)
BB ($6089.50)
Button ($1826)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $100</font>, Hero calls $40.

Flop: ($200) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $450</font>, BB calls $300.

Turn: ($1100) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $750</font>, BB calls $750.

River: ($2600) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2697 (All-In)</font>,

Bout standardish?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: I guess I should check on this one

i think by the river hes folding most that you beat except maybe 64 or a stubborn AK/AQ
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM

his hand looks like AK, and i think he's getting away from it on the river when you bet this much.

bet $1500, get paid off.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:09 PM

yeah i kinda like checking here. he knows it looks to you like he's calling, and he knows you won't try to push him off a big ace. is your sn on ftp aejones? because he posts on 2p2 sometimes and would know you're you. that might help you get paid off.

but checking looks very weak and i don't see why he wouldn't vb any hand that he'd call a shove with. only issue is he might just bet something like 1900 and fold if you shove him
Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 PM

i don't realyl like checking that much, becuase i feel like if i check, i have to fold to a bet, whereas if i bet i can get paid off by worse. there are a bunch of two pair hadns in his range that will probabyl call a river bet (at least occasionally) but always check behindw hen i check to him- those are the hands i'm targetting here.

yea my sn on ftp is aejones. he probably thinks/knows i'm tricky and capable of bluffing or whatever, but at 10-20 i'm more like 24/18 preflop and pretty inline in general i think
Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't realyl like checking that much, becuase i feel like if i check, i have to fold to a bet, whereas if i bet i can get paid off by worse. there are a bunch of two pair hadns in his range that will probabyl call a river bet (at least occasionally) but always check behindw hen i check to him- those are the hands i'm targetting here.

yea my sn on ftp is aejones. he probably thinks/knows i'm tricky and capable of bluffing or whatever, but at 10-20 i'm more like 24/18 preflop and pretty inline in general i think

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you have to fold? why would he not vb AK-AQ?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wer'e 200 deep to start the hand, and my range of CRing flop and betting turn is either air or two pair or set or straight- especially since no draws missed, betting AK or AQ would be pretty terrible on this river unless he turned it into a bluff to get me off of smaller two pair
Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wer'e 200 deep to start the hand, and my range of CRing flop and betting turn is either air or two pair or set or straight- especially since no draws missed, betting AK or AQ would be pretty terrible on this river unless he turned it into a bluff to get me off of smaller two pair

[/ QUOTE ]

but why would you check better than AK with &lt;psb left?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:25 PM

i can have all kinds of random two pair (45, etc) that are small and i don't think are ahead of his calling range + the fact that four to a straight just came on the baord, and i can't discount him from having Ax with a wheel draw or something that just got there- what i'm trying to say is that he might have a straight, but i think the middle of his range is mediocre two pair, which i'm trying to get value from by betting, instead of checking and leaving myself guessing.

also- if i think somehow that he won't pay me off with one pair here, perhaps the onyl way for me to possibly get value out of my hand is to check, hope he turns AJ into a bluff since there are four to a straight out there. i'm just trying to give examples, certainly there are circumstances where i would check 2p or whatever on the river to him
Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 PM

I kind of like a real small bet that looks like a blocker. If you bet 1k he might think he could push you off and I think he'd look you up with most hands he gets to the river with.