Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Problem again a guy who raise 100% from BTN

Just play a guy that was raising 100% from BTN but not calling much my reraise, so from here with what range am I suppose to reraise him...

Got a lot of problems against those type of players who makes me do a bad move at a wrong time every time...
Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Problem again a guy who raise 100% from BTN

This is really easy actually .

If he's raising with any two on the button , then you should re-raise with hands like A medium ,+ k-medium , any pocket pair etc . Note that you don't necessarily have to re-raise him . You may simply decide to call to set up traps if he's overly aggressive .
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 AM

I might also reraise him light from time to time. It is important against this guy that you don't reraise him, for example, 4 times in a row. If you do that, he will playback at you and you won't be happy about that. Reraise him that much that he won't be suspicious about you playing back at him too much. And don't care about having cards to reraise him. Of course, as a guide, you reraise him with some hands that are favorite over random hands, especially Ax and stuff like that.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might also reraise him light from time to time. It is important against this guy that you don't reraise him, for example, 4 times in a row. If you do that, he will playback at you and you won't be happy about that. Reraise him that much that he won't be suspicious about you playing back at him too much. And don't care about having cards to reraise him. Of course, as a guide, you reraise him with some hands that are favorite over random hands, especially Ax and stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this advice is ideal. Hands like QJ are good for seeing a flop because you may not be favored preflop, but you will have a pretty easy time post-flop against a player like this. Hands like A5 are probably going to be favored preflop and difficult to play post-flop, so pushing them off the hand while you know you are ahead is definitely the safest option. The same applies for low pocket pairs.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM

That's correct Vinetou . It's important that you mix re-raises with calls so that he doesn't start to shove against your 3bet .

I would do this as random as possible in a way that is not predicated on the value of my cards .
Old 09-04-2007, 04:09 PM

Yes, for example, if you get cold deck for 20 hands and you just fold those hands, reraise 21th hand light. That way he will think you picked up a strong hand. If you picked up three monsters in a row and reraised him on all those hands and you are dealt A2o, just call now (even though it is mathematical favorite and reraising hand against this player). Those guys don't like a feeling that they are being pushed around. Image is everything against this guy.

Also, you have to test his postflop aggression by just calling preflop a couple of times and playing a hand passively postflop when you flop something. That way you see if you can slowplay monsters profitably, if he is also a maniac postflop, not just preflop.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 PM

So this is about like NL...?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good except for the last sentence. I would rather bluff/raise with a [censored] hand or a hand that I wouldn't mind seeing a flop with. I would rather 3bet and get called with an 87 than A2. If I 3bet with a [censored] hand like 82, it is purely for the FE.

It's important to remember that preflop showdown equities aren't terribly important. I get dealt A4, button raises, I 3 bet (I'm ahead of his range, right?), he calls. Flop is 37T. Well, he probably missed, so I'll c-bet. Oh crap he called, now if he has anything I have 3 outs max.