Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 05:22 PM

Default Tilting donk raises 10 BB, I have AA, call and let him hang?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50.80)
Button ($56.40)
SB ($9.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Flop: ($10.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($18.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $37</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $41.8</font>, Button calls $4.80.

River: ($101.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $101.85
Villain is aggro, probably on tilt right now...

I just called to see if he would bluff more. If he was actually raising with something like QQ he's getting stacked no matter if I call or re-raise pre-flop.

My small flop bet is baiting for a raise.

I was CR-ing the turn.

Thoughts?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Tilting donk raises 10 BB, I have AA, call and let him hang?

If you're calling and letting him hang himself, then betting out on the flop ruins such a strategy.

I don't think this is a good board for a "raise me" bet into the preflop raiser of half the pot. It'd work better if there was a draw present or if the board was K99.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:40 PM

Given that this flop is so dry I thought a small bet here would represent a weak hand making a stab at the pot.

If the flop were K-9-9 he might be scared I hit king. IMHO.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:42 PM

i actually like this line. u call the preflop huge raise and then lead for a weak bet tha has to look make villian think you are weak and on the flop he cant believe u have much. (if you had a pocketpair other then AA you would have to bet more to protect your hand and he deffinattly wont believe u have a 9) then you check the turn and show even more weakness practictly begging him to bet and take down the pot and ur read is he is super aggressive so most aggros will deffinalty take one of these chances and give u a chance to get it all in. so assuming your read is correct i like it
Old 08-12-2006, 08:25 PM

Villain had trash BTW and basically donated me his stack.

I was trying to take the wekaest line possible (small bet on a dry flop, check turn) to induce him to bluff his stack at me. Worked this time.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain had trash BTW and basically donated me his stack.

I was trying to take the wekaest line possible (small bet on a dry flop, check turn) to induce him to bluff his stack at me. Worked this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're definitely right to let him hang himself, but I would have let him do the betting for the flop at least and probably turn.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:26 PM

with a tilting villain i am getting my money in the pot ASAP because in the heat of the moment they will be more likely to call with hands that have little to no chance of improving.

i'll rr pf to about 15 and shove almost any flop.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:49 AM

The reason why I think betting out here is bad is because

-the flop likely missed him (or hit him hard) so he can just call for your cheap weak bet (like he did) instead of him betting full pot to push you off and make you respect his raises
-it's hard for him to put you on a weak hand that is betting out here, what are you betting at here that he can raise? If the board is K99/J99/Q99/etc here he might think he bluff you off your king, but are you really betting out a pair of sevens on a 799 board? We see that betting out didn't get the raise we wanted and checked the turn, which I think is fine.

I still think you should have went with your original plan of checking the flop.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that this flop is so dry I thought a small bet here would represent a weak hand making a stab at the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it just allows him to call and keep the pot small while he waits to hit his 2-pr/set and stack you then.

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like a c/r all-in on the flop.