Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Default How about this TT with a giant pot

UTG is laggy PF, and really passive post-flop. Other players I had no notes/stats on.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls $3.75 (All-In), UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (25.12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 28.12 BB

So my 3bet is pretty standard, then it gets capped and 2 players call 4 bets cold behind me. Ouch.

Good flop. I'm not too worried about how co-ordinated it is because the PF action was so crazy. That being said, I could be behind and drawing to 2 outs. I'm not wild about betting but I'm not sure if a c/r would be so good either.

Play on the turn seems standard, I lucked out and 3bet because I can't see MP2 capping PF with any hand that beats me.

Bad river card. On reflection, I'm a little lost here. Keep betting or chicken out and c/c?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: How about this TT with a giant pot

DB,

This is all completely standard. The flop is the only debatable street and given the nature of the board and the amount of players in the hand I think you need to bet and not count on MP2 doing it for you.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 PM

Keep betting, it's value.
It would be cool to know what UTG has been showing down (you said you had no reads on the others).
Old 09-24-2007, 03:55 PM

no one is folding except you here if you get reraised. I check/call the river.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one is folding except you here if you get reraised. I check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a set. I'm not folding if raised and the river is a pretty clear value bet IMO.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM

so you are saying that because they are complete idiots even though you could have 3rd best hand as a flush and a straight could be completed here with the lousy river card that you think a bet/call here makes sense?

I don't see value here in the raise. Probably wrong but its wishful thinking in my mind.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see value here in the raise. Probably wrong but its wishful thinking in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which raise? Do you mean the turn raise?
Raising the turn is pretty easy, because even if we are behind (and boy, we got top set, we are only behind the straight), there are 10 outs that help us. Therefore it's for value.
On the river there was no raise. Do you mean the bet? Yep, maybe somebody got there, but maybe not. I would feel uneasy with top pair, but I feel more secure value betting top-set.

*edit* I can't spell
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 AM

looks fine on every street. River depends on whether you think UTG will overcall with less than top pair because the river is really ugly. I wouldn't fault you at all for checking.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM

:g:

I like the flop donk.

rest is standard. nh.