Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 PM

Default 2nd pair vs overactive 3-bettor: NLCASH $0.50/$1.00

I don't really wish to discuss pre-flop, but if you insist, go ahead. His 3-betting was such that calling with any coordinated 2 is going to be profitable IP. I have floated him twice with air and taken it down on the turn, I have also 4-bet him 2-3 times by this time, so I feel I have a healthy defense/image vs. this type of player.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $114.40
Hero (SB): $397.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $9.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

Turn: ($48) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $37.50</font>, Hero???

EDIT: I feel the turn is the only questionable spot in this hand. If we call the turn we are committing to anything he wants to throw at us on the river.

That said... are we calling or pushing if we wish to proceed. Given his 3-betting, can we showdown this hand?

This obviously a super-standard fold against a reasonable villain with a reasonable 3-bet range (it would have been folded preflop).
Old 07-30-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: 2nd pair vs overactive 3-bettor: NLCASH $0.50/$1.00

some serious overthinking here imo. just fold.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:24 PM

It seems unlikely to me that both calling preflop and doing anything but jamming here can be correct.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems unlikely to me that both calling preflop and doing anything but jamming here can be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, calling with the intent of playing back is ok. But he can essentially take the play away from you by firing again and you've floated him twice before so he's likely to be more inclined to double barrel.

The fact that we have 6s here makes it more likely he can be turning a better hand into a bluff (as opposed to QT on ATx etc). Normally, this isn't too much of an issue but since you've floated him before he might be hesitant to play for a cheap showdown with 88-JJ type hands.

Pretty interesting spot given the dynamic. But, imo you don't need to win every pot; and if you did need to win this one, I prefer raising the flop.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some serious overthinking here imo. just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is good to think this deep just not at this level IMO

I like the flop call but like you said he was active so i guess your just trying to shut him down with the call.Its standard call then check/fold IMO

If you feel that strong just shove the turn but i just fold