Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Caesars AC today

For most of the summer i've been playing 40-60 hrs/wk in AC (lately this month more like 60-80) and i'm always curious how many 2p2ers i'm playing with (at caesars my guess is none)
so if anyone is playing at Caesars in AC today, look for the youngest-looking kid in the room, white long-sleeve t-shirt, navy blue hat on...and come say hi
i'll probably be at a 2/5 table unless by some grace of god we can get a 5/10 open
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Caesars AC today

How do you play so many hours at Caesars without wanting to kill yourself? Or actually throttling the staff or the colluding locals around you?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 AM

Does anyone know what the Caesar's low limit holdem games are like? Specifically 3/6-6/12?
Old 07-21-2007, 02:32 AM

short, but profitable session today...
anyways, i play so many hours there because it's probably THE SOFTEST 2/5 in town and even the "regulars" are, for the most part, weak/exploitable
the staff loves me and gives me so many comp dollars for food/cigs/shopping at the pier that it's very +EV to keep playing there. I'm not trying to say it's the best place to play in AC cuz i know it's not, i've just gotten used to it/ and FWIW, if i'm in a tourney mood, i won't play anywhere but the borg nowadays

and to answer PokerTheorist's question - 2/4 regularly (always 2+ tables), 3-6 (usually just 1 table, 2-3 on the weekends) and that's about it...i don't recall ever seeing even a 5/10 game get spread, only a failed "interest list"
Old 07-21-2007, 10:17 AM

If you dont mind could you give me an idea of what a standard win rate would be? I do decent online at the 2 4 and 3 6 games and was wondering if it was possible to make decent money at that level playing live given the slow structure. Also, what are the best places to play other than Caesars for 2 5NL? Ive played Taj which seems extremely weak, Borgata (slightly better players, and much nicer place). But I only have a small sample. Where do you recommend?
Old 07-21-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
short, but profitable session today...
anyways, i play so many hours there because it's probably THE SOFTEST 2/5 in town and even the "regulars" are, for the most part, weak/exploitable
the staff loves me and gives me so many comp dollars for food/cigs/shopping at the pier that it's very +EV to keep playing there. I'm not trying to say it's the best place to play in AC cuz i know it's not, i've just gotten used to it/ and FWIW, if i'm in a tourney mood, i won't play anywhere but the borg nowadays

and to answer PokerTheorist's question - 2/4 regularly (always 2+ tables), 3-6 (usually just 1 table, 2-3 on the weekends) and that's about it...i don't recall ever seeing even a 5/10 game get spread, only a failed "interest list"

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in the 2/5 game last night for only about 2-3 hours, over on table 14. I think there were 2 2/5 games going though, is that the one you were in? Your description sounds right if you were wearing a Yankee cap and glasses.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM

Ben,

You going to be playing in this game again this weekend?