Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Ak flops nice with good image shove now or later?

villain and i have been going at it. i'm playing like a maniac cause i'm picking up some cards plus i'm opening all K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] type hands and she is consistently calling my raises in and oop, sometimes folding to cbets the other times minraising mostly. I've come over the top of her minraise once before she folded. another time i raise from c/o she calls in sb rest fold i flop second pair she checks i check behind turn blanks she checks i bet 2/3rds pot she minraises i call river a flush draw comes in she leads for 2/3rd pot i pay her off she shows AJ for tptk

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $474.30
BB: $241.00
UTG: $489.20
MP: $318.80
CO: $388.00
BTN: $169.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $32.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $24.00

Flop: ($68) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $46.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $92.00</font>, Hero...

I like my hand here I'm willing to play for stacks in this situation, but is a shove best here, or a smaller raise maybe getting a call from a worse ace. If she has a set I don't think I can get away here given history so shove now or put in a raise and get the rest in on the turn maybe?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Ak flops nice with good image shove now or later?

I like calling here and check raising all in on the turn. It is very likely he is playing back at you and will continue to bluff on the turn.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Yeah calling and C/R turn sounds good.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM

yes i like that.