Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 PM

Default losing in position...leak?

Was checking PT Stats and found out that i lose 30% of my winning in position (D-button)

My Image is/was Loose/Agressive/Agressive now changing it, to semi loose, playing tighter and try to not raise/reraise that much.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: losing in position...leak?

watched your stats for like 5 secs and.. you seem loose but its ok for the limits you are playing. and.. 8k hands is nothing... stats will start getting accurate around 20k minimum in my opinion
Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 AM

You don't have enough hands for the win rate in one position to mean much. You are winning at a rate of 21 BB/100 from the big blind, for example. In tougher games you should expect to lose from both blinds, though not as much as the value of the blinds you post; I don't think 21 BB/100 is sustainable from the big blind even when playing for pennies. You are losing more from the small blind than it costs to post the small blind, even though you sometimes get AA in the small blind. You aren't simultaneously a horrible player in the small blind and button, but fantastic from the big blind.

[ QUOTE ]
My Image is/was Loose/Agressive/Agressive

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose you mean your playing style. Most players are not observant at those levels. Even if they notice how you are playing, that is very far from adjusting to it. In a live game with a $2 big blind (similar to playing online for pennies except for the huge rake), I raised in early position, and a player who just folded exclaimed, "The tight player raised!" 3 people called anyway, including one who stacked off with A4 after flopping top pair, no kicker.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:12 AM

It's been a while since I've played nanos but I'd still try to be tighter OOP.

And losing on BTN is probably just variance as you're not really playing it differently than other positions (which is a leak in itself though).