Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Your Help

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

---------------------------------------

The table was pretty tight. I don't really have a read on anyone in particular.

I'm not sure the point I had in leading into the field from UTG. I just did it!!!! I guess I felt that I was 2-1 to complete by river and I had 3 oppenents. Was that a mistake? Am I making a mistake calling the 2 raises with more possible action behind me (which happened when the BB capped)?

On the turn, again with my poor position I'm stuck calling 2 bets with the possiblility of a reraise behind me again. Mistake in calling??

After I hit, I felt it was a no brainer in betting out to make sure I got paid off instead of risking no bets if I try to check raise.

If you could show me with math and odds (maybe explaining effective or reverse implied if they pertain to this).

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Your Help

i usually c/r the flop, trying to trap multiple callers.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:51 PM

I don't think leading is horrible. You get value if you get a bunch of callers, and if the BB raises and knocks everyone out there's a chance you can win with a 9 or 7 on the turn or river.

-McGee
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM

I usually check and see what happens. I'll raise if I can trap several players or if I think I can get things heads up against a player that might fold later in the hand. I'll sometimes just call depending on where the bet comes from if I want to keep another player in. I don't think leading the flop is bad, just probably not ideal. The rest of the hand is pretty standard, the turn is a little worrisome but you can't fold here so call and hope for the best.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:19 PM

grunch

I'm not sure about this flop bet. I guess more often than not I'm going for the c/r. I'm strongly in favor of your river line. It's a bet/call.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm strongly in favor of your river line. It's a bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading the river is right, but I don't see how either of our opponents are on spades. I'd 3-bet if given the opportunity.

-McGee
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 PM

you know what, you're absolutely right. MP almost can't have spades and BB may have them off the flop, but when he leads the turn into MP it's highly doubtful there, too.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:34 PM

I think you played it fine on all streets. With two overs, a flush draw, and back-door straight draw, I might cap the flop.

Turn is a mandatory call.

River lead is good. It looks like these guys were pumping sets, maybe a flopped straight, with MP trying to force you off your flush draw. Trying to c/r risks disaster.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:51 PM

I might try for a c/r the flop, but the rest looks fine to me. nh
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM

I noticed I made a few typos:

On the flop I led from the Small Blind of course..not UTG. Also, I bet into 4 opponents, not 3.

David