Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Why does everybody seem to hate Bush these days?

I know our country is not as good as it has been but in no way should that be viewed as the President's fault. Going to Iraq was a necessity at the time given the information we had and I don't think Bush gets enough respect. All in all Bush has done BETTER THAN ANYONE COULD given what he has had to confront in office.

1. 9/11

2. War on Terror/Iraq War

3. Gay Marriage/Abortion

4. Iran and North Korea (Big Four)

5. Economy (was going down when Bush entered office)

Most important, he is a man of morals and integrity unlike his former successor. Clinton had NO Christian values whatsoever and whatever he did have it was a joke. I'd rather have a good Christan who may not speak perfectly than an atheist who speaks better than anyone. The point of this post is to make you think about how you would do were you in his shoes given the circumstances. Obviously, he's got some support as he won the past two elections.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Why does everybody seem to hate Bush these days?

[ QUOTE ]
Going to Iraq was a necessity at the time given the information we had and I don't think Bush gets enough respect

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they intentionally lied about it. They stand to profit from war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfzqulvhlQ

[ QUOTE ]
he is a man of morals and integrity

[/ QUOTE ]

Wars of aggression, holding people for years without charge, torturing detainees, torturing children of detainess, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Clinton had NO Christian values

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a Christian value? Does it include the above? Because it sure seems so: http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/1000years.htm

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, he's got some support as he won the past two elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

He rigged at least one. I believe that his support is currently around 20%, which means like 200 million (?) people disagree with him.

Also,

I'm pretty sure 9/11 was an inside job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0l0aWpH-ZM
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM

Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Thinking maybe I was being leveled or something by the OP, I go search through his post history:

Kicked douchebag's ass:

"So he's outside on their porch when I leave the house heading towards my car. I notice him, say nothing and keep heading towards my car. Well they live on a farm and have cat's literally everywhere. They must have like over 30. So I pass him and next thing I know I feel something big and sharp hit my back. I turn around and look down and realize the mother [censored] just through a cat at me! I ask him what the [censored] he's doing and he just grins. I say "I have a lot of fun banging your sisters." word for word and he gets up and he's close enough to where he lunges at me but I turn around like I'm running away and then turn back around and punch him right in between the [censored] eyes. He tries to get up and I keep kicking him until he gives up. Then I just leave. I got a text as I was typing this that him and his friends are going to come looking for me. Luckily I've got a few more than him and they're alot bigger.

Brag: Kicked douchebag's ass
Beat: Girl is mad
Variance: He want's more"

So now I'm definitely sure I'm being leveled.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking maybe I was being leveled or something by the OP, I go search through his post history:

Kicked douchebag's ass:

"So he's outside on their porch when I leave the house heading towards my car. I notice him, say nothing and keep heading towards my car. Well they live on a farm and have cat's literally everywhere. They must have like over 30. So I pass him and next thing I know I feel something big and sharp hit my back. I turn around and look down and realize the mother [censored] just through a cat at me! I ask him what the [censored] he's doing and he just grins. I say "I have a lot of fun banging your sisters." word for word and he gets up and he's close enough to where he lunges at me but I turn around like I'm running away and then turn back around and punch him right in between the [censored] eyes. He tries to get up and I keep kicking him until he gives up. Then I just leave. I got a text as I was typing this that him and his friends are going to come looking for me. Luckily I've got a few more than him and they're alot bigger.

Brag: Kicked douchebag's ass
Beat: Girl is mad
Variance: He want's more"

So now I'm definitely sure I'm being leveled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christian values?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gay Marriage/Abortion

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he sure tackled that gay abortion issue.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM

BBV go home
Old 07-24-2007, 10:11 AM

It's totally in to hate Bush now. Get with it.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...All in all Bush has done BETTER THAN ANYONE COULD given what he has had to confront in office.

2. War on Terror/Iraq War

[/ QUOTE ]

See the thread I started on mission changes in Iraq. Bush gets criticism when he changes the mission without building a political consensus. He's done this since 2003. He should expect criticism and deserves it.

See various posts on inconsistency in conducting a war to keep terrorists from carrying out attacks in the U.S. and having a porous border where millions gain access to the U.S. illegally. Seemingly people don't point this out enough IMO. It could be that the "War on Terror" is bogus and thus a porous border with Mexico isn't a major security risk. It could be that the "War on Terror" is legitimate and thus a porous border with Mexico is a major security risk. Bush seems to be stating that the "War on Terror" is legitimate and that a porous border with Mexico is no problem security wise. An inconsistent viewpoint at best. One might be able to argue that the last go round with the comprehensive immigration bill would have tightened security on the border considerably. If that's the case I'd sure like read why that is. Haven't heard one person among government officials and/or talking heads state that the failure to pass that bill meant that the U.S. missed a chance to enhance security a great deal. The overwhelming complaints I hear/read about were that a chance was missed to give illegals living in the states fair access to U.S. citizenship and/or legal status in the States. Border security was held hostage to changing the status of illegals working in the country. No reason why that should be the case IMO. One can be resolved without the other.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:39 AM

I've hated him for much longer than that---it just took a while for everyone to catch up.