Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Theory Post: On reraising preflop

This is another theory post in response to donkey's post on reraising with 53o. a point came up at the end of the post that was debating among respected 2+2ers and so I have started another thread for your benefit, but mostly mine. Here was some of the discussion:

By Donkey:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

results:
i called and lost to QK

when i bet 500 it was with the intention of calling an allin--when he actually moved in i thought about it for a while though and decided that it was a lot closer than i had really thought, but still decided to call. if he moves in for 2200 more i think it's a fold.

also LOL at twp claiming reraising with 35o is a bad play but that if we were really deep it would be okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My questions:

okay now we're getting to the good stuff.. what was wrong with TWP post?

why is not okay deeper as long as we tell ourselves not to go broke here with 53o? is it because that choice to not go broke is sometimes too difficult to make in games as agg like these? You often have to make thinner call downs in situations where you're either slightly ahead or way behind?
what about 53s? any diff?

why is this move so bad with 53o with deep stacks? it doesnt seem likely that we can possibly go broke here with this hand.

also why did MDMA simply say "in pos yes, oop no?" is it because we're less likely to going to get called on the flop with very little while we're in pos, get floated, and face a decision on the turn to fire barrel number two, and therefore we can reraise with hands like 53o?

In HU cash where I am OOP in the BB, I often feel justified in reraising with hands like 53s, because i never make TP and cant get my money in unless i hit hard, I like reraising with these hands+garbage+89s+legit hands. is this wrong to think?

I feel like reraising iwth hands like QJo is terrible because you often wind up with TP in a reraised pot+ your not suited+ your hand is good enough to call and play a medium pot with+ you obv need a calling range to go along with your small pairs+87o 98o

lets talk.

also, on resqueezing, if our resqueeze gets called, and we're stuck with a hand like J7s, do we fire a cont bet on the flop anyway? or if our resqueeze gets called, are we c/f? I mean resqueeze, not squeeze, btw.

-Joowish622
Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Theory Post: On reraising preflop

the +ev w/rr 53o pf from blinds comes from when they just outright fold pf ......hes far less likely to do this w/deeper stacks
Old 01-11-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Theory Post: On reraising preflop

[ QUOTE ]
the +ev w/rr 53o pf from blinds comes from when they just outright fold pf ......hes far less likely to do this w/deeper stacks

[/ QUOTE ]