Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Moneybookers

Hello All,
I am from Canada.
I recently tried to withdraw some money from UB via Moneybookers, as I have done many times in the past, but found that Moneybookers was no longer on my list of options, so I emailed support to find out why.
I was informed:
"After reviewing your case, I have noticed that Money bookers is no longer available for USA or Canadian citizens. This service will only operate for Europe customers since this company is no longer operating for gaming industry customers in North America or Canada."

When did this happen? DID this happen? I've looked through a bunch of recent posts about e-wallets for Canadians and found no mention, nor can I find any info on the Moneybookers site itself.

I've emailed Moneybookers support to ask them about it, but I have no idea how long they will take to get back to me. I figured someone here must know something about this?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Moneybookers

I cashed out from Stars to Moneybookers today and I'm Canadian
Old 09-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Yeah I've just initiated a withdrawal to Moneybookers from Eurobet, with no sign of a problem. So it seems that UB is either being proactive about an impending shutdown of Moneybookers to North American customers, which dosn't really seem like their style, OR they just lied and want to keep my money, which really does seem like their style.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:55 PM

I just cashed out from UB to moneybookers yesterday. The money's already in my account.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:35 PM

Man, are you serious? If UB was my girlfriend, we'd be so broken up right now, and I'd be telling everyone who would listen what a bad lay she was.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Back in the spring UB pulled this with a few people as well...told them MB couldn't be used in Canada. I don't think they're trying to scam anyone, they just have utterly incompetent CS. I'd keep perservering if I were you.