Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 PM

Default firing bullets with KJ

Bluffing in limit hold em is difficult as is, ESP. at stakes this low. But i've posted quite a few hands in this forum, and i have been told that it's wrong only to bet with a made hand. so in this situation, against one player, i figured it was worth a jab. i'd like input on this hand, and when its appropriate to fire bullets in small stakes hold em. i won't reveal the PT stats for this player but he is your typical loose/passive player

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.02/$0.04
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
MP2 checks

Hero ?

Results:
Final pot: 5.25BB
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: firing bullets with KJ

check fold all streets. given how you played this, check the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...in this situation, against one player, i figured it was worth a jab.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem: when you take your first "jab", the situation is that you're against THREE players. Your chances of folding all of them are less than zero. But, you jabbed, anyway, and got two folds. What does that make you think of the remaining player?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldnt take a job at this pot?

you sure are perusing the forums a lot for someone thats semi-retired from poker =)
Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...in this situation, against one player, i figured it was worth a jab.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem: when you take your first "jab", the situation is that you're against THREE players. Your chances of folding all of them are less than zero. But, you jabbed, anyway, and got two folds. What does that make you think of the remaining player?

[/ QUOTE ]

in retrospect, firing that 2nd bullet when the 6 came on the turn was a stupid idea. i popped it figuring i'd get popped back if he had trips, which is dumb reasoning to fire a bullet. he checks the river.. guess he mustve been on a spade draw
Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 PM

without knowing a showdown ratio with this guy its hard to say.

Some guys peel two and then fold some will peel to the river.

Some guys will peel one and fold on the turn. So knowing what the players tendencies are is the only way to know.

Typically firing three works only on the weakest guys who have no clue about value they just want to hit something and see what happens.

I find it highly unlikely that an Ace high board is a bluffable opportunity as even the guys who fold on the river will call down with the Ace on board because they believe you are bluffing and their bottom pair is good.

With this hand I bet the flop and check the turn more often than not and fold UI if its bet on the river.

If I make a 3 bet bluff run, I usually have at least Ace High so if its ever check/raised I have at least a few outs if I decide to call.

By and large however I bluff very rarely now, and I never did it below .10 bb level.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:19 PM

i do apologize for bringing this up in this post, but i'm desperate for an answer asap lol

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTP .25/.50 Limit 9-max

UTG is 32.2/3.4/3.0/59 hands
Heros is in HJ seat w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just want to clarify so i get this correct. 32.2 is voluntarily put money in the pot, 3.4 is % raise preflop, and 3.0 is overall agression factor?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2007, 09:28 PM

yes that is correct first number is vpip, second is pfr and third is aggro ratio
Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said..this guy has an ace rag. Don't bluff micros with an ace on the board...they always have Axs.