Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 PM

Default How do you not tilt

Ok. I probably should have reraised PF to avoid this mess but the original raiser was making ridiculous raises every other hand and I was hoping to be heads up and hit him after the flop.

How can I play this any different? Other than reraise PF? How do you not tilt after something like this?

CO shows KQ and takes the pot.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $95
UTG+1: $20
CO: $40
Button: $66.90
Hero: $48.45
BB: $24.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8.5</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($26.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $18</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($80.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $21.95</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $13.5</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: $8.45 returned to Hero.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($107.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $107.5)

Results:
Final pot: $107.5 <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>
Old 10-13-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: How do you not tilt

yes ... u should have reraised on the flop but the call is ok to disguise your hand ... thats what you were doing right?

ok, now that you have your hand disguised why did u donk on the flop, that is just dumb, you should have c/r ai or called and c/r ai on turn

you can't tilt b/c you played bad, can you?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Villain played hand fine... do you expect him to fold on the turn with two overcards and an open-ended straight draw, getting 5:1?

Why didn't you re-raise pre-flop?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes ... u should have reraised on the flop but the call is ok to disguise your hand ... thats what you were doing right?

ok, now that you have your hand disguised why did u donk on the flop, that is just dumb, you should have c/r ai or called and c/r ai on turn

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but neither of these pieces of advice are good. Flat-calling on that flop is atrocious, as is flat-calling pre-flop. We're playing against micro donks, not Phil Ivey. Don't get fancy.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can't tilt b/c you played bad, can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Thats why I posted. To see if I played bad.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Did he really raise 16 bb PF?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but neither of these pieces of advice are good. Flat-calling on that flop is atrocious, as is flat-calling pre-flop. We're playing against micro donks, not Phil Ivey. Don't get fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Maybe tilt is the wrong word. I think its more being pissed at myself for not rereising PF.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain played hand fine... do you expect him to fold on the turn with two overcards and an open-ended straight draw, getting 5:1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that the villian played the hand bad. I do question him calling my flop bet. Maybe my bet was a little light. At any rate, he got lucky and I let him get there.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, this guy had been making the ridiculousy huge PF raises every other hand. I thought I saw a good chance to disguise my hand. I was hoping he would catch a piece of the flop and give away his chips. I will reraise in that situiaton 90% of the time.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, this guy had been making the ridiculousy huge PF raises every other hand. I thought I saw a good chance to disguise my hand. I was hoping he would catch a piece of the flop and give away his chips. I will reraise in that situiaton 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against these kind of opponents, you start reraising a wide range. Someone was raising to 10bb every hand at a table I was at, so I started limp/reraising any kind of decent hand - TT, AJo, etc. 80% of the time he called then folded to a cbet.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:50 AM

i'm guessing he probably had j3 which is brutal. i think just calling him pf is good but then you should have CRAI'd him on the flop