Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Derby Lane report(St.Pete)..........

Great news to report from Derby Lane.

First off, they are having 300 buy-in tourneys every Wednesday this month with seating limited to only 50 players with the rake being a mere 9.1%

On Sundays it's even better as they are having a 200 buy-in deep stack tourney, again limited to the first 50 players and the rake at just 8.9%!

Also, and this is big, they are having a 500+50 on SEPTEMBER 30th..........and here's the best part, everyday they are giving away TWO free entrys into this tourney for the high hand of the day between 12-6 and 6-12. Seating is limited to the first 500 for this tourney.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Derby Lane report(St.Pete)..........

It's great to see the competition between pokeerrooms heat up down here in the Tampa/St.Pete area.............and hope it continues.

By the way, the bad beat jackpot is over 20,000 currently at Derby Lane.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM

Any word on the blinds/levels? It'd be nice to be able to compare these side-by-side with the other area tourneys. But these rooms are notorious for not publishing their structures!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any word on the blinds/levels? It'd be nice to be able to compare these side-by-side with the other area tourneys. But these rooms are notorious for not publishing their structures!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatley, a horrible structure with only 20 min. levels......but they do allow for 10,000 in starting chips.

Tampa Greyhound may have the best structures in the bay area.

By the way, just came home from Derby Lane and the place was an absolute madhouse.........as usual.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatley, a horrible structure with only 20 min. levels......but they do allow for 10,000 in starting chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

FARKING idiots!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM

great news i plan on visiting the derbylane cardroom next month seems like a worthwhile trip from my home in SC about a 7 hour drive from my house thx for great info fishhead.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:58 PM

Fishead do you play a lot in the Tampa Area. I will be visiting in a couple of weeks and my brother wants to play some 4/8 Limit. Where would you suggest The Hardrock? We would like to play for about 36 hours straight and want lots of cold beer
Old 08-04-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fishead do you play a lot in the Tampa Area. I will be visiting in a couple of weeks and my brother wants to play some 4/8 Limit. Where would you suggest The Hardrock? We would like to play for about 36 hours straight and want lots of cold beer

[/ QUOTE ]

No place in FL offers 4/8 since that is above the state mandated cap. The highest stakes you'll find is a straight 5/5 limit game. The Hard Rock also runs a few NL games with higher blinds but the maximum buy-in for all NL games is $100... so it takes a few rebuys and all-in pots before stacks are deep.

Don't expect the beer to be comped either. The only room I've been to in Florida that comps drinks is the Hard Rock, and they don't comp beyond soft drinks and coffee/tea.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the info and im sure you know but this makes no sense. It is legal to bet all-in for $100+ but not legal to bet $8 in a 4/8 game?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Sorry for the late replys........

First on the beer front, the boat out of Treasure Island(as well as a few other boats), provide not only free drinks during your play, but also a free buffet. Otherwise, one will be paying for their frosted beverages. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The bad beat jackpot will be over 25,000 today at Derby Lane if nobody hit it in the last few hours last evening. By the way, my table came withing one rivercard(Kc) of hitting the bad beat yesterday afternoon.