Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Exploitable

I would totally crush myself if I could jump in a 6 max game with new player names every 100 hands or so and play against myself.
I would know when to 3bet turn against free showdownraises, I would now when to fold TPTK in protected pots, I would know what a donk means almost every time, I would 3bet in position alot, I would know when to fire again on the river etc etc.
Should I worry? When I watch stox videos, I can't find a way to really exploit him in any way.

Is it important to not have an exploitable playing style on 5/10 - 15/30?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Exploitable

I am fairly sure you can win in party 5/10 - 15/30 even with an "exploitable" TAG strategy.

I would worry more about table selection to find the good fish and avoid the good players

That said it wouldnt kill your winrate to be less exploitable (LDO)
Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That said it wouldnt kill your winrate to be less exploitable (LDO)

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to point out that I think the word exploitable gets a bum rap on this site. From a purely money making perspective our first priority should be to look for games/opponents where we can use stategies that are as "exploitable" as possible.

This is where the big time money can be made and the high BB/100 numbers can be realized. If we cant find these type of juicy situations, then we should adjust our strategies accordingly and become less exploitable but the money to be made will now be less and the BB/100 is going to take a big hit also.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:26 PM

There can be a trade-off between exploitive and non-exploitive play.

against an unknown you want to play non-exploitive because you don't have enough information to make exploitive plays. against someone you have a good read on you may attempt to make eploitive plays - but this involves deviating from non-exploitive play yourself so it becomes a judgement call about which is more valuable.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There can be a trade-off between exploitive and non-exploitive play.

against an unknown you want to play non-exploitive because you don't have enough information to make exploitive plays. against someone you have a good read on you may attempt to make eploitive plays - but this involves deviating from non-exploitive play yourself so it becomes a judgement call about which is more valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on what type of exploitable play we're talking about. When Im against an unknown there are many exploitable plays I will run at him just to see what I can get away with. A simple example would be the "open limp SB donk flop with nothing, check/raise a pair" play. This play is obviously extremely exploitable but Im gonna atleast put my opponent to the test with some marginal hands even If I have no information on him.