Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 12:08 AM

Default 30 pound prop bet

I'm 6 foot and currently 210. How much time should I ask for on a prop bet for even money where i have to lose 30 pounds? How fast/safely can I do this? I a lot smoke and have asthma so cardio sucks for me. Lifting is easy and I like doing it though.

So what would be a fair line?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: 30 pound prop bet

probably about 8 months if you want to have an edge. 5 months if you want to make it fair.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 PM

I think 1-2 lbs a week is doable if you are really dedicated, but that requires some serious dedication...
That being said, I think 5 months is possible. If you cheat before weigh ins (drink lots of water before your first weigh in and eat lots and then don't drink anything the day before and go running in hot clothes) then you can do it in far less time...
Old 08-31-2007, 03:48 PM

depends if safety is a matter, and how dedicated you really are. I've dropped 30 in a month, I've dropped 30 in 3 months, and I've dropped 30 in 6 months. At your weight you could do it alot easier than someone who was 190 or so. If you want an edge go with 2 months, but dont hold back and try to get it in the first month. If you want tips PM me, I can explain it in a bit more detail.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Oh re-read the first post and saw you dont want to do cardio, and you want to lift. Lifting will cause you to gain mass, thus weighing more..you probably dont want to be doing to much lifting, but if you must try a HIT training method, high intensity. Google around and see what you can do, but by swearing off cardio your not going to get that far that fast. You have to have a calorie deficit of ~3300 calories to lose ONE pound of fat. Without doing cardio it's going to be hard to chip away at that deficit. This of course is not counting the easy weight you will lose in water wieght etc, but still you should consider hitting the road, check out www.coolrunning.com , they have a 10 week couch to 5k program that even the most out of shape people can get running pretty easily. you just have to have the dedication, which if you wont do cardio, I doubt you will make it on a very low calorie diet either. I would probably skip this bet unless you can squeeze in cardio. I dont see having an edge otherwise in less than 2.5-3 months.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:50 PM

Lifting does not cause you to gain mass. Eating does.