Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM

Default TPTK, semi deep against a tag

Villian here is 17/14, he hasen't been too active. Our only history is I've 3 bet him twice in about 80 hands and he's folded. He doubled up with top set against a donk about 10 hands ago. He should have me at 21/17ish.

dont have the hh but this is the jist of it:

AZplaya: $92
Villian: covers

Full Tilt Poker $50 dollar unlimited bet hold them
6 players

Pre flop:
Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG calls $.50, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.25</font>, Button folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, CO call $7.50

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Pot: $14.50
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Pot: $32.75
Hero checks, CO checks

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero ???

Okay so I checked the flop because I'm WA/WB against his range, and if I stack off on this flop this deep against this villian AQ is rarely good imo. Anyone hate the flop check? How about turn and river? I think he checks behind alot of 1 pair hand with showdown value. Thoughts on bet folding vs. check calling?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: TPTK, semi deep against a tag

well if you feel that when you flop tptk you are wa/wb, dont 3bet aqo oop vs him.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:20 PM

i cbet most of the time on the flop probably mostly for balancing, checking is ok.

i prefer c/c on the river. here's why:

1) great river card to bluff
2) if we c/c we don't get bluffed
3) i like that our hand isn't face up sorta if he has a K
4) i think he he checks behind TT/JJ type stuff a lot but also doesn't call with it a lot. that said it is most of his range imo.

edit: o i thought turn blank river K.

now i see the turn is a K and the river a T. I think I still like a c/c more than a b/f, but mainly because I can't see us being ahead of his calling range, but we'll prob have odds to call a river bet.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM

bet flop for value please
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM

I like c/c on the river for the simple fact that I have a hard time figuring a hand that you beat that will call a bet.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well if you feel that when you flop tptk you are wa/wb, dont 3bet aqo oop vs him.

[/ QUOTE ]
this guy is folding 80% of the time to a 3 bet pre. So my 3 bet was in an effort to take it down pre. Once he ccpf, I put his range at 99+, AQ+. So on this flop against this range, I felt the best way to extract value is to check and hope he trys to steal the pot with a smaller pp or AK.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Im not a huge fan of the flop check. Its a re-raised pot, you're OOP so play it fast. Bet for value, and if he raises you should be able to lay down TPTK.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 PM

As played I probably c/c the river although we don't beat many hands that villain calls a 3-bet with that bets here (he's probably not betting a pair so we're hoping for sc's, all broadways that bet beat you). I'd never check the flop but then again I c-bet quite a lot, it's a 3-bet pot so villain expects you to c-bet with anything. As a bonus, many people love to bluff on paired boards since they know it's hard to hit them. As a side note, someone mentioned folding AQ to a flop raise, I wouldn't do it even this deep, I don't think villain would slowplay AA/KK pf because stacks are deep so I'd call and c/r AI on the turn.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this guy is folding 80% of the time to a 3 bet pre. So my 3 bet was in an effort to take it down pre. Once he ccpf, I put his range at 99+, AQ+. So on this flop against this range, I felt the best way to extract value is to check and hope he trys to steal the pot with a smaller pp or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

so 3bet with like 68s or pocket sixes
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

I call preflop unless I've been widenign my 3bet range vs him deeper - onyl if there's other deep fish @ table I might do this but I don't like playing deep 3bet pots OOP with AQ so I call here preflop and get more equity vs his range in a smaller pot.

As played i bet flop - his (preflop) calling range is prob wider deep, the flop is dry and paired so it missed alot speculative hands and only top of his 3bet range crushes us and we can represent more.

I play AQo cautiously OOP often and don't get as much value as I should so caveat lector.