Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Another C-Bet question from the same video

Villain is pretty laggy, open raises a wide range, check raises a lot of flops etc. Im thinking that I like it a lot but I dont really know why.

Preflop 2 folds CO raises hero 3 bets K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] blinds fold villain calls.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero checks.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Another C-Bet question from the same video

I bet this one always. But I guess I wont get a lot of folds on that board and I will get c/r'ed a lot.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 AM

betting here is pretty much bluffing. you'll fold out almost only hands that you beat and get called/raised by the rest.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:38 PM

we fold out like A5
Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Pretty standard flop bet for me.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we fold out like A5

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty small part of his range, no?

this is like a super duper c/r flop too. this is one that I bet pretty close to 100% of the time though.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This one's a lot closer than the first one I think and I really can't fault a bet that much even when you know you're getting c/r'd a ton. You just have so many outs against his checkraising range that it can't be bad but this, for me, was a spot where I decided to keep the pot a bit smaller. What that means sometimes is I'll check behind on the flop when my FE is appraoching 0 and the c/r range is wide enough that I've got a ~neutral EV bet, but not so wide that I often have 60%+ equity vs. a checkraise. With the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I'd be a lot more prone to betting.

Rob
Old 07-05-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This one's a lot closer than the first one I think and I really can't fault a bet that much even when you know you're getting c/r'd a ton. You just have so many outs against his checkraising range that it can't be bad but this, for me, was a spot where I decided to keep the pot a bit smaller. What that means sometimes is I'll check behind on the flop when my FE is appraoching 0 and the c/r range is wide enough that I've got a ~neutral EV bet, but not so wide that I often have 60%+ equity vs. a checkraise. With the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I'd be a lot more prone to betting.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed your website today for the very first time. I am very impressed. You will have my $148 very soon.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:08 PM

I think I tend to take a B/(c), check-behind UI line here - I don't really mind getting C/R by this guy, but I don't really like the situation enough to fire a second barrel on the turn. Though that line does open me up towards folding to a river bet. But what does he have here that A) calls a flop bet, B) doesn't have me beat already, and C) doesn't improve by the river anyway? That range is about 65s /KJ, so I'm not too worried about him blowing me off the best hand on the river.