Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM

Default The ONE time it\'s funny...

interesting hand last night at choctaw...

a white guy(W), a hispanic guy(H), and a big dude(B) walk into a bar....

so B has been getting beat up, and before the hand, he puts his chips close to the bet line and says, that's the size of my next raise(230 in a 2/5 game).

W is sitting with about 600, H has about 800.

a few of us, including me, take a limped flop of 678 rainbow (i'm holding J9o).

W bets out 30, and B, true to his word, pushes in for 225. i reluctantly fold my hand, and it folds to H. he takes a while, and finally says, "I call."

the dealer's like, you said call, b/c he hasn't put any chips in. H is kind of chuckling to himself, and i'm trying to figure out why this is so funny. he hasn't even put any chips in.

anyway, he puts in come chips, and then W goes into the tank.

after a minute or two, W asks H, "if i call, you gonna check it down?" to which H nods in a yes manner.

i immediately chime in, even though it's not really my place(it was late, and i wasn't really thinking; it was more of a reaction), and say y'all can't do that.

after another minute, B is like, "if you call, i'm immediately calling the floor, b/c that's f'ed up."

W continues to think, and after he gets clocked called on him by this impatient chick(it hadn't been THAT long in relation to the size of the pot), he finally calls.

B asks the dealer to call the floor in a irritated manner (understandably).

the floor comes, and gives them a warning. he's obviously upset about the situation, and says that this is not going to fly in the room. he says next time, he'll take their calls and kill the hands. i mean, there's not much he can do at this point. he says something along the lines of "under no circumstances will there be any checking down." i think he was referring to future hands, but i'm not positive.

so, turn comes a J, and H bets 25 into the almost 700 pot, and the tenseness immediately turns to laughter.

W calls.

river comes a Q, and they both check...

B shows Q8, W shows 54, and H shows.....QJo?!?!?!

hahahaha. everyone is laughing. i'm giving him a hard time. his girl is right next to him and asking, "what were you even doing in there?" hilarity ensues.

so about 30 mins later, i say something again about QJ in good spirits, and then he says, "i have something to confess."

"what?" i ask obviously.

"i didn't realize i still had cards. W was taking so long to call, and i was just like, 'i call' being funny."

HAHAHAHAHA

"so then i had to try to play it off. of course when he asked if i wanted to check it down, i said ok."

man, i got a good kick out of that. nothing like accidentally calling 225 with Q-high.

about every 5 minutes for the last hour i was there, i'd just start laughing to myself sporadically. it was awesome.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: The ONE time it\'s funny...

[ QUOTE ]
it was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK

P
Old 01-29-2007, 08:24 AM

Love it. Once saw a guy check raise the flop with no cards and didn't realize it until after he had fired the turn. He flopped a boat with the cards he had folded pre-flop.

Devo
Old 01-29-2007, 08:37 AM

I liked it.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:30 PM

Ok, choctaw doesn't let you check a hand down. This happens ALL the time at Riverwind and its completely ok.

Also, the ragetones (of epic trip report fame) is from OK? (I'm assuming Choctaw mentioned is OK). Cool.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, choctaw doesn't let you check a hand down. This happens ALL the time at Riverwind and its completely ok.

Also, the ragetones (of epic trip report fame) is from OK? (I'm assuming Choctaw mentioned is OK). Cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

from dallas. choctaw is about 70 miles straight up 75.