Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Can anyone find value in this fold?

Button is Tight/Pasive. He steals 24% of the time which is about half his PFR %.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
Old 04-24-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Can anyone find value in this fold?

It feels like a strange play to be making at a 6-max table, but I think, given your read, it's probably best. I mean, you're still beating 76, but . . .

Hell, I don't know. How often did this guy open-limp on the Button? I guess hands like A5/A4 seem sort of possible.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I don't know. How often did this guy open-limp on the Button?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if he open limps frequently or not. His steal % is twice as great as his pfr so he knows raising standards go down opening in LP. But maybe he doesn't raise with suited connectors because he wants to invite sb along or because he "just doesn't feel" that a good player should ever raise a s.c. I don't know how these tight passive players think. Do you know of any players who play TP preflop but are too LAG postflop? I've never noticed it before but it does seem possible and I'm not the greatest observer at the table. It just seems that a tight player is one who is operating from a money making logic and therefore would not raise this flop with anything less than top pair. The only exception, and I think's it's very plausible, is if Villain was slowplaying AK and just couldn't psychologically let it go.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 AM

This is fine IMO

Small pot, no redraws and a passive player raises that flop. When you are behind your are dead and when you are ahead he is likely to have a lot of cards to catch up with you.

Oh, and there is no value in a fold. By definition that is EV neutral [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 AM

If you're read is right then I think this is fine.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:56 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Yeah, good fold. Sometimes you just aren't good often enough.