Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:02 AM

Default 1/2 6max LO8 Video

I used megaupload to host the video, I dont know if there is a better way if there is feel free to let me know. Its about 30 minutes of 1/2 6max and it turned out very small (less than 70mb) feel free to rip apart my play, if you could put down the time of the video about specific hands. I used the xvid codec to compress it so if you are having problems with the video or sound that is probably it (google it and download).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1H9F3B3C

If you havent used megaupload before just go to the link enter the anti spam code in the box near the upper right hand corner and wait like 30 seconds, then you can download.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: 1/2 6max LO8 Video

Downloading now, looking forward to watching
Old 08-02-2007, 01:43 PM

raise much more, limp much less. too passive for 6max. hand selection is ok, but possibly too tight. prob raise almost any 4, first-in from CO or button. looks like you had a weak-passive table, and you should be picking up the blinds more.

btw: AK9T w/ suited Ace is definitely a limp after 2 limpers.

post-flop play seems fine.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:46 PM

Ok based on your comments I have some questions about some specific spots:

-5 handed at this point I have A33s4s (1:50 in the video) should I be open raising this? Whats the reasoning, am I building a pot or trying to steal the blinds?
-6 handed folds to me in the CO I have 345s9s Im assuming from your comments I should be open raising this (6:02 in the video)
-4 handed the loose button open limps I have As23s7s in the SB and I raise OOP (16:50 in the video) is this good? Should I be cbetting the J93 rainbow board? Also what about my river call?
-6 handed 2 limps to me in the CO Ts3s32 should I limp (22:50)?
-6 handed UTG limps MP limps folds to me in the SB I have 4s5sJs9 is this a call (25:25)?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:56 PM

cwar - take these in stride, since i am primarily a full-ring PLO8 player, but sometimes a live LO8 player also. i do have some short-handed experience...

also, since you are fairly new to O8, you probably want to keep it simple in the beginning. you should however, assume that you will usually have a post-flop edge at these stakes, and be willing to take more flops.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok based on your comments I have some questions about some specific spots:

-5 handed at this point I have A33s4s (1:50 in the video) should I be open raising this? Whats the reasoning, am I building a pot or trying to steal the blinds?

i would be raising for value here

-6 handed folds to me in the CO I have 345s9s Im assuming from your comments I should be open raising this (6:02 in the video)

i might raise 75% of the time, fold 25% here

-4 handed the loose button open limps I have As23s7s in the SB and I raise OOP (16:50 in the video) is this good? Should I be cbetting the J93 rainbow board? Also what about my river call?

yes, easy value raise.. the SB is a great place for this, since you can assume both players will defend. against your particularly loose opponent a check seemed the best play given your weak flop fit

i think this is worth a limp in 6-max, fold at full-ring though. not much value in weak 23

-6 handed UTG limps MP limps folds to me in the SB I have 4s5sJs9 is this a call (25:25)?

i'd fold too, very hard to fit a flop with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM

my personel style is to play the game preflop alot like a 6 man holdem. I try to raise when I open. I don't like to get too far away from my full ring opening range but I agree with Dave way to much calling preflop in the video.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either is ok, it depends a lot more on the people at the table than anything else. Because your table seemed pretty passive I'd raise it more often than not hoping to steal the blinds, take to it down on the flop or at least buy the button.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that would be a good spot, but it doesn't necessarily mean you should do it everytime you get three wheel cards.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the hand pretty much played itself. That guy was so loose I'd consider it raising for value.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty junky hand, fold.