Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Deep stack flop line

Home game running 5 handed .25/.50NL. Effective stacks around $150. I've been playing selectively aggressive in certain spots and I've showed down some big bluffs. I haven't shown a big hand all night except for some thin calls and we're about 5 hours into the game at around 2 and the game is about to break.

I'd characterize villain as a bad postflop LAG and seems to hold onto overpairs too often postflop but can occasionally make big laydowns when he feels he's beat. He's a poor deep stack player, which is why I just called preflop.

I raise UTG 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for $2, he 3bets me to $7 and I flat call here.

Pot: $14.75
Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
I check. He bets $20. I raise $60. He thinks over a minute before he acts...

What do you do if he calls and the turn blanks? What about my check-raise size?
Old 05-27-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Deep stack flop line

this makes things so awkward

if you want to go aggro, bet 3b ai

the way you played it, if he calls and turn blanks, you're hatiing life if he has an overpair

given he overbet pot, i assume he has an overpair, which means all your outs are good, which also means he may not fold if they hit, which means calling is an option too

i'd go for b 3b ai, esp. at a homegame, cause it's cool
Old 05-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Deep stack flop line

I considered b/3b, but then there's no way he would raise me here with an overpair. I also think he would be able to get away too easily if I hit on the turn or even after I semibluff the turn and hit the river, I think he wouldn't pay me off as much unless he feels "invested" regardless of how much he has behind (my idea of his thought process).