Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 AM

Default comparing 2 quiz hands from sngwiz

i'm having trouble differentiating between these two situations in sngwiz quizes.

Blinds 200/400/25
Co 490 shoves 55%
Btn 1326 folds
Sb HERO 8876 with 42s
BB 2383 and I changed his range to 6%

Now here I’m getting over 4-1 on less than one BB and its saying fold. I cant figure out how to make sense of this. Why fold getting 4-1 for a likely 60/40 when even when I lose to BB, there is still two shorties and I’m still the big stack?

So right after this hand I look at this one, and think 'a shorty shoving giving good odds, but someone to act afterwards so proly a fold like the last one'. when actually it seems a lot more is at stake here in hand 2-

blinds 200/400/25
utg 1128 shoves 45%
co 1814 fold
btn 839 fold
sb HERO 7739 with QTs
bb 1980 calls a shove 35%

now theres 1800 in the pot and it costs me 900 to call. looks good given his range and my call. BUT bb behind me will call 35%, and i dont think a three way is good.. so i picked fold.. but it is a shove and I cant figure out why. I must be missing something.

edit--
as i continue to go through hands, almost all marginal hands for small amount of chips, getting good odds from a shorty shove, with hero in SB, are coming up as folds, even with only very tight ranges to act behind.

this continues to confuse me about the QT hand posted above.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: comparing 2 quiz hands from sngwiz

Because in hand one you're basically never winning 3 handed? Hand two you're taking the pot down alot whether two handed or three. Even though you're dominated quite a bit when BB calls in hand two this seems outweighed by the other considerations.

I'm not very confident in this answer but would like to know if I'm wrong so I can learn. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Without SNGWiz I would have thought these were both pushes, even though I don't like showing down 4-2 on the bubble and losing future FE.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: comparing 2 quiz hands from sngwiz

In hand 1, you don't have a "likely 60/40", it IS a 65/35.