Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Default I will never watch this show again

Sunjaya, are you [censored] kidding me? I don't even understand the appeal. At least the chick from New Jersey is hot and the two who got cut stink too, but Sunjaya is so far out of his league, and not to mention annoying.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: I will never watch this show again

He has gone farther than he should have but trust me, he will be gone soon enough.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 PM

There have been far worse than sunjaya to last longer than they should.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:45 PM

as someone said in the show thread, i wish simon would quit saying it's a singing contest, when it's a cell-phone voting contest (or however you vote). it's a popularity contest, and hot girls with attitude are usually popular (although they shouldn't be)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunjaya, are you [censored] kidding me? I don't even understand the appeal. At least the chick from New Jersey is hot and the two who got cut stink too, but Sunjaya is so far out of his league, and not to mention annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol when people say stuff like this. Did you watch last year or any previous year? This is AI. Get used to it.

You're either watching because you're betting, by your woman's choice, or for the good singers. If you're betting, then just make money off this crap, if it's for your woman then use the bonus points, and if it's for the good singers, they're still in there.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:32 PM

People vote for who they want to stay, not who they want to leave. If we voted people off Sanjaya would be gone. But the way it works now, the most boring get the boot first, not the worst singers.

No worries the best singers will be left at the end.

And personally I don't think Sanjaya's voice is THAT bad. He's been crappy the past 2 weeks but I think it's mainly nerves and bad song choice, not lack of singing ability. He sounded great in his audition I thought.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 PM

The bottom of the heap will be gone next week. Sunjaya and antonella will both be gone. They are both close to the bottom voting right now, so as for antonella, she will go becasue most of the females left are great singers. As for the men, it really doesn't matter much as they are all just mediocre.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Problem is that you generally vote for the 3-4 best performances only. If someone is like 4th or 5th best out of 10, and don't have some huge fan appeal, they will always be in danger.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunjaya and antonella will both be gone. They are both close to the bottom voting right now

[/ QUOTE ]

not according to dialidol, which has them getting the 2nd/3rd most votes for their gender each week...

also, AI themselves confirmed that Sanjaya was top 4 the first week, in line with dialidol
Old 03-02-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People vote for who they want to stay, not who they want to leave. If we voted people off Sanjaya would be gone. But the way it works now, the most boring get the boot first, not the worst singers.

No worries the best singers will be left at the end.

And personally I don't think Sanjaya's voice is THAT bad. He's been crappy the past 2 weeks but I think it's mainly nerves and bad song choice, not lack of singing ability. He sounded great in his audition I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

a woman called into a radio station near me and she is apparently sanjaya's cousin in law and she said that his father chooses all of the songs he sings and because of their heritage he obeys his father. and his father thinks his voice is best for the old bluesy songs so i wouldn't look to see him making any changes soon.

i too wish he would be booted off. he has done really really bad the last two weeks. i can't imagine how many indian viewers AI has picked up this year due to him.

Also, did anyone see the look him and AJ shared when they asked AJ if he thought he'd be kicked off...kinda gay.