Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Default STT Software - Review

Post your reviews and/or review related questions regarding popular STT software here.

This thread is NOT for...

- problems, bugs, functionality questions/suggestions. Direct those to the author of the software via his site/PM contact.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: STT Software - Review

I've been playing around with Sharkscope recently.

For anyone who has it, how often do you use it, when do you use it (I typically don't have time to check the stats on a guy when I've got 9 tables going), and is it worth the 15/mo for a $60er who will be playing a couple hundred tourneys a month?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:19 AM

It all depends on how much you table select, IMO. I play all the 225 and 335s I can, but I sometimes table select before entering a 555, and it helps. I personally find it throws me off as much as helps me during a game, because I think I do better relying on my own feel, observation and notes than calling/raising just because Sharkscope shows a guy is a shark/fish. Usually you can tell that stuff pretty quickly anyway, even when multi-tabling, IMO.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 AM

I haven't played SNGs for a long time (almost two years?). It would appear ICM/push-boting technology has really taken off while I was gone.

I've read the FAQ, and visited the home pages of SNGPT Software, SitNGo Wizard, and SNGEGT, but honestly, I don't even know what kinds of features I should be looking for. For instance, do the softwares all work directly with hand histories, or do they require one to type in stack sizes etc by hand?

Can someone be so kind as to compare/contrast these softwares for me? I would guess a good feature would be to be able to dump an entire tournament summary into one of these softwares and have it tell me which pushes/non-pushes I screwed up on. Is that a pie-in-the-sky feature?

PS: Shouldn't this thread be sticked if, as I read, software posts are to be locked?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:32 AM

Thanks ddubois, I meant to add this to the "Other.." sticky (at the top of the software list).

Off to bed...I'll let the others take a stab at your questions (I'll check back tomorrow).
Old 12-30-2006, 02:38 AM

SNG Wizard works with the hand histories, although I believe if you wanted to, you could do a hand that you made up, i.e. you put in the stack sizes, etc...

I would at least test out SnG Wizard as their trial version actually has all the functions unlocked for 30 days.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:26 AM

Hi, I will say that I really like SNG Wizard. I like that I can drop a hand history on it and review it after playing.

I think the feature that sold me though is the quiz function. It will randomly set up problems that you answer. I just got this recently and don't do very well on the quiz yet but it still helps a lot. I can review the incorrect and at least try to understand where I went wrong.

I tried the trial version before I decided to buy it.

I can't compare it to the others though as I haven't tried them.

gl-
Old 12-30-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I will say that I really like SNG Wizard. I like that I can drop a hand history on it and review it after playing.

I think the feature that sold me though is the quiz function. It will randomly set up problems that you answer. I just got this recently and don't do very well on the quiz yet but it still helps a lot. I can review the incorrect and at least try to understand where I went wrong.

I tried the trial version before I decided to buy it.

I can't compare it to the others though as I haven't tried them.

gl-

[/ QUOTE ]

Same situation for me, very good program.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:14 AM

SNGWiz allows you to put in raises or limps by villains and that's really hard to simulate in SNGPT.

SNGPT has a good tutorial so you should at least DL the trial version.

Plugging in a random hand by hand is easier in SNGPT, or maybe I'm just more used to it.

SNGPT lets you put in a custom range, eg. JJ-22,A2+,KQs, Wiz only has a slider for adjusting the %-ranges.

Both have the possibility to load full tourney HH's, SNGPT does only Stars and Party ATM, Wiz does FTP too (of those three sites, dunno about the rest of them). Wiz has a summary window where it says if the pushes/calls/w/e were good but that's not as useful as it sounds cos it uses the default ranges and you shouldn't trust them. And SNGPT doesn't let you review hands where someone limped or raised or multiway action.

Wiz has the quiz and some graphs.

Wiz calculates EV-fold more accurately cos it understands the other players too. eg. button pushes and you fold in the SB it takes BB's calling range into count too when calculating EV-fold, SNGPT just gives the pot to button.

I use SNGPT if I want to check a bvb situation or some other simple situation quick and sngwiz if I want to check something thoroughly. Maybe Wiz : PT :: car : bike. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Either or both of them aren't expensive to a player of any buy-in level, you just have to have an ICM-calc if you want to learn about the thinking process behind putting push/fold into numbers, IMO.

(This is pretty messy, just some thoughts about SNGWiz<>SNGPT. I haven't played with SNGEGT enough to say anything about it)
Old 12-30-2006, 08:38 AM

What I would like to see in either one of these - is a button that tells me the range for villian where the shoving/calling becomes neutral ev. I get tired of fudging it up and down to find that spot.