Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Default WSOP forum question

Question for Lloyd and Jurollo.

Strip Poker post by Jurollo is appropriate for the WSOP forum, but my best tourney player poll was not worthy?

I'm perfectly fine with my thread being moved to NVG, but if that's the standard for that forum, then WTF is a mod doing starting that thread?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: WSOP forum question

El D,

The cool tourney kids don't want you in their clique.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:13 PM

BT,

In all seriousness, I do not think mods who operate using double standards for behavior should be mods.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:31 PM

El, i believe the other thread got locked at the same time that yours got moved.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BT,

In all seriousness, I do not think mods who operate using double standards for behavior should be mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-24-2006, 05:10 PM

bd: Yes, after complaints, I guess it was locked. But if you don't understand why that situation is ridiculous, I probably can't explain.

ml: Mods are supposedly in charge of keeping forums running smoothly. So, I think this is actually a very valid point I'm making. Basically, I don't think people who have assumed some position of responsibility wrt the forums should be held to a higher standard of conduct, not act in whatever manner they please.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bd: Yes, after complaints, I guess it was locked. But if you don't understand why that situation is ridiculous, I probably can't explain.

ml: Mods are supposedly in charge of keeping forums running smoothly. So, I think this is actually a very valid point I'm making. Basically, I don't think people who have assumed some position of responsibility wrt the forums should be held to a higher standard of conduct, not act in whatever manner they please.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically i think you're just taking this a lot more seriously than you should.

your post was meant for nvg -- there have been tons of other posts like that in nvg in the post, and it applied to tournament poker generally and not the wsop specifically.

j's post was meant for nvg as well, and like yours was light-hearted. also like yours it tangentially related to the wsop (as it was, if i remember right, the wso strip poker), so i'm sure he just stuck it in there.

either way, he locked his and didn't lock yours, so there's no real way this could be an example of some sort of double standard.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:26 PM

ml,

Looking at the choices, you would notice that I excluded some stars like Gus Hansen from the poll since they were not WSOP champions and specifically discussed WSOP championship as a requirement. However, as I stated, I have absolutely no issue with my poll being moved to NVG, that's a perfectly fine place for it as well.

What I do have a problem with is mods creating threads in their forums that would not be allowed there if regular posters made them. That's all. FWIW, this is not the first time this issue has come up w/ tourney forum mods.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I do have a problem with is mods creating threads in their forums that would not be allowed there if regular posters made them. That's all. FWIW, this is not the first time this issue has come up w/ tourney forum mods.

[/ QUOTE ]
Moderators certainly shouldn't make posts that are not appropriate to the forum in question. Your post was most appropriate for NVG. Jurollo's post was most appropriate for who knows what. I believe he realized that and locked it himself. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

And as far as I know, I've never made a thread in my forum that would not be allowed there if a "regular" poster made the thread. So please do not say that "this issue has come up w/tourney mods." Thank you and good luck.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Lloyd,

You are a great mod, no doubt, and I wish all mods showed the judgement and dedication you do to your role.

As I stated, my problem was not with the WSOP forum or mods or the moving of my post, which was completely appropriate.

It is simply a problem I have with the bigger issue of some mods holding posters to certain standards while treating their forums as their own personal playground. I mentioned tourney mods because I recalled bringing up this same issue regarding some other questionable mod behavior in that forum a while back.