Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Default low limits.. really getting bored.. need advice.

ok last night i went to greektown to watch the tigers beat the yanks.. ( GOOOO TIGERS ) lol. so we decided to play some poker while we were there... i got seated at a 3 6 table and my bankroll is well over 10k.. so the for the first time EVER i was bored.. i was calling with [censored] juss to be an ass.. but this is the first time ever i have been bored playing live poker.. they didnt have a 5 10 game going and 1/2 was a list a mile long.. so could it be my limits are to low.. or i was also betting the under on the tigers game and the 2 out homerun by the yanks took me outta the 1000 bet.. so could that possibly be the reason? just looking for reasons on why i would be bored..
Old 10-08-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Re: low limits.. really getting bored.. need advice.

IMO the limits were just to low. My regular game is 10/20 and when I jump into a 3/6 or even 4/8 I get bored. It doesn't seem worth my time to wait for cards for $3. I would limp with marginal hands and try to hit the flop. When I would start to loose I would tighten up but one suck out and I would start to tilt. When I do this I try to forget about the stakes and just try to play correctly, read players, and adjust my game to the crap shoot.