Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Default French silk pie is my favorite

villian is 17/13/1 after like 200 hands. He 3 bet me once before PF and I folded, otherwise have no history with him this session and havent seen him do anything out of the ordinary

PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Button: $265.75
SB: $208.30
BB: $40.00
UTG: $41.45
MP: $148.00
CO: $100.00

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $13</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($27.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($27.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $28</font>, Button calls $28.

River: ($83.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $23</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $71</font>, Hero calls $48.

Final Pot: $225.50
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: French silk pie is my favorite

4-1 pot odds to call river raise only good if he has a K less than 80% of the time. I think he has a K more often than that.

Why not bet flop? As a KKJ flop is a golden oppertunity to bluff, you will get calls, you might not need to induce bluffs when you most likely are bluffing yourself. And you will always get a raise from a K, where you then can shove.

Slowplaying should be done when villain can improve to a big second best hand, if he has a K, then he can only improve to a big best hand (except for a J). Not a good hand for slowplaying.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4-1 pot odds to call river raise only good if he has a K less than 80% of the time. I think he has a K more often than that.

Why not bet flop? As a KKJ flop is a golden oppertunity to bluff, you will get calls, you might not need to induce bluffs when you most likely are bluffing yourself. And you will always get a raise from a K, where you then can shove.

Slowplaying should be done when villain can improve to a big second best hand, if he has a K, then he can only improve to a big best hand (except for a J). Not a good hand for slowplaying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to slowplay, I was going for a c/r. Tho leading out def is something I should have thought about (im still limit mentality where im all about the c/r).

I just don't think he has a K here on the river. If he has a K why isn't he betting the flop? Its a pretty drawy board, he also should be wanting to build a pot. So when he checks the flop and calls my PSB on the turn, I think hes got a hand like AdQx or something. I bet the river weak thinking I might get a call out of the Ad becuase maybe hed hope I was bluffing with a counterfitted underpair, and also since I looked weak maybe I'd get a bluff raise.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 AM

I think you're more likely to induce a bluff by checking the river than betting. People call much much much less frequently with A high in NL.

I agree, it's kinda tough to believe he has a king here so I don't think a river call is too bad.

I'm curious about what more experienced nl players think is the best flop line. I feel like I have trouble getting value from monsters like this. I guess if the guy has a decent k most of the money is going in no matter what line you take tho and if he doesn't your not going to be able to get much value anyways.