Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Default QJs, top 2 pair, lots of action.

No reads here.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Is there any other way to play this?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: QJs, top 2 pair, lots of action.

I don't think the cap on the flop accomplishes much. While top 2 is sexy, with this flop it is likely to be 2nd best or worst at the end. When MP3 checks the turn it starts to look like a frush draw and when the river is a brick I'm probably betting. There are hands you are ahead of that will call the river bet.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 AM

I actually don't mind the flop cap so much. The vast majority of hands that beat you would probably have 3 bet you preflop, so you are probably up against some combination of draws, and since it's fairly easy to tell what kind of cards complete their drawing hands, you can play much more cautiously when those scare cards come.

I'd also probably bet the river, because I doubt anyone has a ten, or they probably would have raised you on the turn and the river almost certainly didn't improve anyone's hand to the point where it is beating yours. Also, as kerowo said, there are hands you beat that will pay you off
Old 08-04-2007, 01:18 AM

I might call the flop bet and raise the turn on a semi-safe card, but I don't think capping is really bad.

I'd also bet the river. MP3 probably has a really strong draw that missed and I doubt you have to worry about BB since it looks like he was playing a weak draw as well. One of them might have QK or JK, in which case you'll gain an extra bet on the river when they call. If one of them had an unlikely ten, they'd probably check/raise you on the turn instead. Bet.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:58 AM

You should valuebet the river, MP3 probably had a pair+draw type hand he was pumping.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:22 AM

Bet the river. MP3 has a flush draw and BB holds a Q or a J and will pay u off.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 AM

Flop cap looks ok. Call flop/raise turn is an alternative. Bet the river. There are too many hands that will pay you off not to. I wouldn't think you're beat unless MP3 has K9/89 and shut down when the board paired.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:08 PM

*Grunch*

I'm assuming you're the Hero here.

I think that the first raise is fine on the flop. When MP3 3-bets, I would call here. I'm surprised that BB called 2 cold twice honestly. Someone made a straight on the flop and I think it's MP3.

I don't know why you're betting out on the turn there. I'd check it here and see what the flop brought, bet/raising if the river is a dud.

But then again, I suck.