Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Nut flush draw facing big flop raise

I question my c-bet on the flop, should I just c/c here? and with the way I did play it would shoving be a better option than calling? Just got on the table no reads on villain.
Turn: Do I bet out here instead of waiting to c/r or slow play as I did?
I have a feeling I butchered this hand...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($131)
SB ($21.85)
BB ($77.30)
Hero ($98.50)
UTG+1 ($96.80)
MP1 ($15.50)
MP2 ($56)
MP3 ($88.05)
CO ($30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $3, MP3 calls $3, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($10.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $22.

Turn: ($70.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($70.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, MP3 calls $25.

Final Pot: $120.50
Old 04-17-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Nut flush draw facing big flop raise

Fold to the flop raise.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:22 PM

push flop...3 bet allin all day unless you are against the nittiest of nits

the problem is that your draws are not concealed at all and you make no more money.

other point-
bet out all day on that flop. You have a monster and you want the opportunity to be playing for stacks. Plus, it's easy to get money from midpairs, worse flush draws, and even straight draws that cannot find the fold button.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push flop...3 bet allin all day unless you are against the nittiest of nits

the problem is that your draws are not concealed at all and you make no more money.

other point-
bet out all day on that flop. You have a monster and you want the opportunity to be playing for stacks. Plus, it's easy to get money from midpairs, worse flush draws, and even straight draws that cannot find the fold button.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 PM

I definitely like the c-bet. Push on the flop is tough... but as most here said... its the correct play against most opponents.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously??? Explain why?

I really think we need to shove here over his raise... If we hit any of our draws its very very obvious and we wont get any money on the later streets. Also, there is a good chance we can win the pot now with a shove over top his raise...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha... no
Old 04-17-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, NO
Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, idiot?

flop really depends on stack sizes. anything 100 bb or less, you should definately shove. it is great for your image and will give way more respect to your cbets in the future. even if you didn't have the gutshot straight to go along with it, shoving is still good. only sets or huge PP (maybe jj) will call.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM

Folding and pushing are close IMO. Calling obviously sucks. Fold equity would be the biggest determinate in deciding if I pushed or not. If you're pushing here that is the reason why. It's not for image reasons. Too many of you think you're playing $50/$100 instead of $0.50/$1.00. The player pool is simply too large and the players are so unobservant that it's laughable to be so concerned about how pushing here might affect your image. In general I think most of I think most of you over estimate your fold equity in such situations, which again is the reason why you push here.

Pushing is probably the better option considering that I think there is a reasonable chance your overs might be good as well. I just don't see the need to get involved in high variance plays like this when the play is generally so horrible at this level that you can avoid them and still kill the game. It's great you're thinking about such things but I think the majority of you are entirely too theoretical for your own good.